Skip navigation

Scirtari cannot be fed.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Scirtari cannot be fed.
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 16, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I’ve captured that goddamn village for over six times and it always claims for no food. When I enter some brigade, Hypaspits for example, ‘food of Hypaspits’ (had about 90-95% of food, brought by slaves) becomes ‘food of the city’ and disappears in 5-7 seconds. Income in Scirtari may be +150 by upgraded lines while nearby units eat 8 a week, and amount of food in the city will always be 0. What the black hole?

Here is a screenshot: and it ain’t gonna raise up.

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 17, 2012 at 9:37 am

Hm, it seems problem is when brigades are in supply radius, they’re stealing food from the poor city, and if taken wawy, ‘0/950’ will become orange instead of red and start slowly raising. Now the question is how do I need to understand net flow, when it shows +30, my expences on nearby army are -14, and that’s not enough?

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on August 23, 2012 at 4:47 pm

The expenses are only for the units inside the city. The expenses of the units inside the supply ring but outside the city are not included in that total. All the food is going to your nearby units which I presume to be far more than the Hypapists inside the city. 14 food is about how much the Hypapists would consume on their own. A spearman brigade is about 7 or 8. You need to move your hungry army away from the city and outside of the supply ring (gold glowing ring around the city when you hover over it) for it to ever gain food. Additionally, as soon as the Hypapists leave they'll probably take all the food the city has, but so long as its receiving a stead supply in addition to the what the garrison requires as soon as the Hypapists leave the supply ring the number will turn orange indicating that the city is gaining food but still below the stockpile.