Skip navigation

Game screen size

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Game screen size
Level 12 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 11, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I have installed DX-Ball2 w\multiple board packs along with the other associated games. I have a VAIO laptop, Windows 7, 15.5 screen. When I start the games they do not fill the full width of the screen. There is a good 2 or 2 and a half inches on each side not occupied by the game. This makes it relatively difficult to enjoy. How do I get the new purchases to fill the screen as my original DX-Ball does? Thanks in advance.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 15, 2012 at 7:51 am

This is a "feature" of your laptop. Usually when people experience this problem, I can find some obscure keyboard shortcut in their laptop manual that fixes it, but I'm having a bit more trouble with the VAIO.

The best instructions I can find are these:
After booting the laptop, right-click the mouse to bring up the graphics properties dialog box. Under the heading “Graphics Options,” go to “Panel Fit,” where you will find settings for screen size. Make sure “Full screen” is checked. If it is checked, try the other settings to see if this solves the problem.

If you still have trouble, let me know the exact model of your laptop and I'll see what I can track down. Either that, or contact Sony and tell them "I get black borders when I play games with a smaller resolution than my laptop's native resolution."