Skip navigation

how did I get crestonia?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > how did I get crestonia?
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 7, 2012 at 9:49 am

Hi,
firstly, let me tell you that I love your game. For the last decade my gaming habit cosisted of 95% Total War and 5% other. After having discovered Hegemony, this will definetly shift. With a little more marketing, this will surely be the same for many, many gamers/history buffs like me. Then, with more customers, you will surely be able to get rid of those bugs that still invest the game. Most of them you get used to. Like frequent crashes and the occasional enemy unit that spams out of nowhere and disappears just as fast. But now I experienced a really strange thing:
I am 11 hours into the game and Pella is still my easternmost city. But all of a sudden I realize that Crestonia became a Macedonian city. I did not besiege it. I havent even discovered it on the map before. This must be a bug, right?

Be that as it may, I thank you for the great game. Looking forward to Hegemony Rome. And then, in the future, I can very well imagine "Hegemony: Crusades" and "Hegemony: Napoleon", etc.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on August 7, 2012 at 11:18 am

Well, I never had such severe bugs. On which difficulty level do you play? Could it be possible, that the Odrysians or Olynth could have besieged Crestonia and then left, letting the Macedonian city unprotected until it finally revolted?

I also didn't have any units "spamming out of nowhere". Where do they appear? After appearing, are they burning your crops or just leaving? Are they units of factions that border to your own or does it seem random? Are these spawns reproducable?

(perhaps the answers to these questions would help the team to find out what's happening)

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on August 7, 2012 at 11:28 am

I didnĀ“t notice the faction of those units. It happened twice that I zoomed out, saw that there was a foreign unit close to a city in the middle of my empire, not a border town, and when I zoomed in to take a look they were not there. Not reproduceable. Your explanation about Crestonia seems very likely. So, never mind my complaining.

Difficulty: Normal

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 7, 2012 at 1:03 pm

non controlled native towns can rebel. This might've happened in your case. Ive noticed non controlled native macedonian towns will do that especially Heracleum(i thinks that the name the one just south of Aegea). So far I only seen unit icon appear when there was no unit then disappear when i zoom back in and out.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2012 at 10:01 am

I mentioned that too. Phillip II was on the shore of Adriatic sea when greedy chalcidians asked for paying 100 more gold for saving the truce. I declined, cause at eastern front I had about 300 mens, cause goddamn Amphibraxis (small W-Odrysian city north-east to Pella) usually containing ~50 mens of garrison, raised that number for over 260. So as the chalcidians forward their armies toward Pella, I captured their cities along the shore of Thermatic gulf till Olynthus and then I mentioned Crestonia become a native macedonian city. It was about 25 hours of playing.

Also there is a funny bug or something. After some hours of Scodra being mine I noticed greek brigade marching from the north along the shore of Adriatic sea. They stucked near Scodra and begun to loosing morale. Made me laugh.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on August 23, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I've never had the bug with disappearing units before, or units showing for a moment that weren't really there. As for Crestonia, it revolted against the Chalcideans. All those cities, Amphaxis, Parorbilia, Crestonia, Therme, Borboros, Mygdonia, and Bisaltia (I think thats all) ARE native Macedonian cities under the control of the Chalcidean League and the Western Odrysian Empire. If you're threatening their cities they'll pull all the troops out and often have them rebel to you. Its kind of nice really. Computer is making a choice to defend home land (Chalcideans are really bad about doing it) and pulling almost all troops to respond to your threat and leaving other cities unprotected.