Skip navigation

Game too heavy

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Game too heavy
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 am

Hello, recently my ram was cut down to half, thus leaving my pc with only 1Gb. My cpu is not that great too, a dual core on 2,6ghz.

Thing is, since that damage hegemony gold is lagging a lot, and has become unplayable. I Can even play games like, darksiders, dragon age 2 flowlessly, even total war games are somewhat bearable, but hegemony is not! I guess i can only hope to upgrade my pc anytime soon.

I do not know the principles behind any game's heaviness but I just hope your next title will be treated better on that aspect.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the game. The reason Hegemony uses more RAM than some games is that it needs to store the entire map in memory at one time, unlike many level-based games that only need to store your immediate surroundings in memory. While we could have opted to leave the map on the harddisk to save memory, this would have made navigation around the map much slower.

If you haven't tried them already, adjusting the graphics and sound detail to low should somewhat reduce the game's memory consumption as will lowering the resolution.

Level 8 Human Warchanter
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 1, 2012 at 4:26 am

It does suck you are having trouble, but keep in mind that its not the games fault. A game cannot be faulted for not running well on 1GB RAM.

The OS you are using by itself can take up that much.

Hell, I'm posting from Firefox at the moment and its chewing up 800MB.

Cheapest laptops I see on the markets these days have 4GB each. ^_^

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 1, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Even when my pc is just running takes almost up to 75%, so it really is not the games problem as you said!And it is understandable about the map having to be loaded at all times, it makes the game so smooth! I guess i have to upgrade very soon! Thank you for your time anyway, best wishes!