Skip navigation

What to do with extra migrants?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > What to do with extra migrants?
Level 8 Human Gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 22, 2012 at 6:47 am

Hi. As the title say were should I putt them, and yes I have upgraded all my cities to the max. I got a bunch just outside Pella waiting. So yeah what to do? :)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 27, 2012 at 12:59 am

I got annoyed with them sitting around Almopia, so I rebuilt that fort to the west of Edessa and shoved them all in there! Out of sigh, out of mind! I think they may have put extra migrants into the game so that you could fill your cities without completing ALL of the objectives, but I am not sure, I don't think there is anything else to do with them.

Level 8 Human Gamer
Posted on July 27, 2012 at 6:18 am

I've checked a little in the forums and you can't do anything with the extras, so I'm going to build a nice fort near the beach for them:D

Level 21 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 27, 2012 at 8:31 am

I'd like to say that it was part of a grand plan to have an extra unit of migrants for redundancy, etc....

Instead, I'll just confess.

Sorry, but I simply forgot to drop the migrant creation count, while tweaking the size of native Macedonian cities during testing.

Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 27, 2012 at 9:15 am

Thanks for the honesty! :) But now they'll never have a home...

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 27, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I put them along the roads leading into a city and have them camp. I read once where walled cities would fill up and people would open shops along the road near the gates. Of course if the city was attacked their places would be destroyed. So when these "suburbs" got larger and wealthy they would lobby the city to build a new wall around them
After a while the city would build a new wall that would include the village and lots of open space between them and a village at the next gate. Thus giving the city more room to expand.

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Posted on December 16, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Just a quick thought. Maybe extra migrants could be spent toward lowering the hostility of occupied cities - akin to the veteran settlement/colonization policy used by many classical powers. This could have applications in Rome, but will there even be a migrant element in the new game? While Caesar did send many slaves, goods, and gold back to Italy, this was building a popular foundation for him, not building a recruitment base.

As far as I know Caesar actually got many of his recruits from his province in Italian Gaul, north of the Padus River. He established both veteran and quazi-citizen colonies there and in the northen part of Illyria, another one of his provinces - so maybe the migrant thing could be applied?