Skip navigation

Cut-scene Paintings, Engage!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Cut-scene Paintings, Engage!
Level 8 Extraplanar Concept Artist
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 12, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Hi Everyone! We've all been hard at work on Rome here at the office, so we thought we'd give a bit of an early glimpse at the game. Here's some paintings I've been working on for the cutscenes throughout the game! Read more to see a few more, and hear a bit about them.

The initial thumbnail is from the Siege of Alesia (or, more accurately, very soon after the completed siege of Alesia). If you click on it, you can see the whole thing.

The second one here is a shot of the forum in Rome, and the third one is a shot of the Rhine and some German skirmishes.

There will be over two hundred cut-scene paintings in game. Each painting actually has several layers, so that in the cut scene we can animate them with parallax scrolling (and zooming and all sorts of neat things). Hope you enjoy!

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2012 at 3:32 pm

very nice! :)..

I was addicted to Hegemony Gold for quite some time and considering Rome is preferred setting for me, I can only imagine how addicted I'll be to this one!!..

Level 9 Human Gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 12, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Great work there Britt! I'm really exited about Rome as it is my favourite time period, so thank you Longbow Team for making a dream come true :)

Level 8 Human Delivery Man!
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 13, 2012 at 9:33 am

Nice Pictures. Can't wait for the next release. You guys did such a good job with Hegemony that I have been telling all my friends about it.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Nice pics, they immediately raised three questions:

1. Afair the EXP based system of Hegemony Gold will be replaced with some sort of officers and governors, right? Would it be possible / adequate to unlock some sort of officers during the campaign's process? Or to use a 'instant promotion' as a reward for some objectives?

2. Will there be more or less objectives which will require Caesar himself to act in some way? (compared with Philip's / Alexander's timetable full of visits everywhere on the map)

3. Will there be a time limit for some objectives? E.g. from the feared Senate, who will interpret an absence as a treason?

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 23, 2012 at 11:12 am

Looking good.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Nice one, looks great!
Congratz :)

Level 9 Human professional ruffian
Posted on August 16, 2012 at 1:12 pm