Skip navigation

Longbow in the Financial Post

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Longbow in the Financial Post
Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 11, 2012 at 2:59 pm

"Toronto’s Longbow studios avoiding iOS in favour of hardcore PC games" - check out a new article about us in the Financial Post. It talks a little about our history and what we're doing with Rome plus some commentary on how we seem to be bucking the trend set by other local indies:

"Longbow is unlike many of the new wave of game studios popping up in Toronto that focus on smaller apps for iOS and other mobile platforms, but instead puts its resources into making hardcore PC games for a specific niche audience."

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on July 11, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Nice article, though I think the author missed the point of the Total War games, whole point is to create your own version of events, not be lead through the existing ones.

That said, it is nice to see a developer getting recognition for not jumping on the bandwagon. Also, still waiting to throw money at you for Rome.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 16, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Hegemony: Rome should be out sometime in 2013

A half year ago, the release date was still "sometimes in spring 2012", what has happened that the release has been postponed by a whole year?

Btw: The 12th post in that thread sounds nearly ironic now:

Well, like I said, it's hard to give definite dates right now, but you definitely don't have to wait a year.

Posted on January 31, 2012 at 5:18 am by Rick

EDIT: Please don't think now I would accuse you that. I'm just curious.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 18, 2012 at 6:01 pm

We are still planning on doing pre-orders with access to the beta this year. Assuming nothing else changes, then you will, in fact, be able to play it this year.