Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome release date?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Rome release date?
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 4, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Hi all... new to the forum, but an avid Hegemony player. Several hundred hours spent on this game... and I've loved every minute of it!

Ever since the first rumors of Rome, I've been patiently waiting. I'm ready to preorder today. Can us players and fans get an idea of a full release date? Just a quarter and year would be nice... something to look forward to!

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on July 5, 2012 at 4:43 am

Can't be soon enough IMO.

I'm wondering if the lack of news lately means it may be close, too busy finishing up or something?

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on July 5, 2012 at 1:24 pm

We're looking at the first part of next year at the earliest for a full release of Hegemony Rome. While we had originally hoped to launch it this year, there was just too much stuff we wanted to pack into the game and when faced with the decision of making some major cuts or delaying the project, we decided we'd much rather postpone the release and make the game we really wanted to.

While unfortunately this does means there's still quite awhile to wait, it also means you'll get a lot of the things on our wish list like the new player AI systems, much improved modding support and some really cool new community features.

We appreciate everyone's patience and we are hoping to do a beta before the release so hopefully it won't be quite so long before you can give it a try.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 5, 2012 at 10:05 pm

When will the beta be released? If you don't have an exact date, can you at least give an estimate?

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on July 6, 2012 at 12:02 am

Does this not run the risk of having to compete with the possible (no exact date or quarter I could find) release of R2TW at around the same time?

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2012 at 12:56 am

Rome 2 will also come out in 2013, so they might.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2012 at 10:41 am

Hi Rob and thanks for the response. I am soooo looking forward to your new game! Guess I'll just have to wait another 6-9 months for it... but based on past experience... I'm sure it'll be worth it! Any shots at beta testing? Even with Rome2TW, Hegemony: Rome will be my first choice, and it's not even close! Keep us up to date here as we approach Q4 2012 Rob! TAKE MY FREAKING MONEY BRO!

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Rome 2 will also come out in 2013, so they might.

Word is that Rome II is looking at a late 2013 release, maybe even early 2014. So no worries there about being released to close to each other. I would buy Hegemony Rome either way! :)

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2012 at 7:30 pm

When will the beta be released? If you don't have an exact date, can you at least give an estimate?
Do you know the season, date, or even year?

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on July 6, 2012 at 7:54 pm

We're hoping to do a beta as soon as all of the main features are stable in the sandbox, which will hopefully be near the end of this year. While we do want to get feedback as soon as we can, we also need to make sure the game is stable enough so that you guys aren't tripping over major bugs.

Regarding Rome II, when we made the decision to delay Hegemony Rome I would have put money down on Creative Assembly releasing a Rome sequel next year, so their recent announcement didn't really come as surprise. At this point we're pretty confident in the features that make Hegemony unique, so we're not really concerned with the competition and given our relative sizes, we're only looking to sell maybe 1/10th of the copies that Rome II will need to, so I think there's plenty of room in the marketplace for both games.

Rob! TAKE MY FREAKING MONEY BRO!

:) We really appreciate the enthusiasm and we're working hard on delivery a game that will meet your expectations. We have looked into the idea of doing pre-orders with some appropriate discounts or bonus content, but unfortunately for a bunch of reasons we can't commit to that at this point.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on July 6, 2012 at 9:29 pm

You've got some fans here that I don't even think you would need a discount or bonus for pre-order. I know I'd be willing to lay down some delicious interest free loans to you just to make sure I was reminded the day it came out with an email.

Or failing that, perhaps some juicy standalone artwork. I've always been a fan of your company's stillscreens and the ability to have them as standalone pictures for desktop backgrounds and the like would be fantastic. Still, it sounds like things are a way's off yet so we might be jumping the gun a little here.

And really looking forward to more options for tactical battles so the wider scale and fewer valleys in gaul along with this new unit AI you plan on implementing is really starting to generate some interest for me.

Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 8, 2012 at 2:45 am

I am looking forward to seeing RomeII and this particular game. From the screenshots the graphics and the scale look a little better than alexander which is something to really cheer about :)

P.S. Also looking forward to Europa Baraborum II off med2 tw if it ever gets released.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 9, 2012 at 8:49 am

Can't wait for this game, when we can have more videos and screenshots of the game? we have very little of those right now.
As for TW:R2, I am not so intersted really,Hegemony has much better overall system with real-time campaign, and no loading.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 9, 2012 at 4:04 pm

thank you so much for coming up with the idea of hegemony guys. I LOVE THIS GAME.