Skip navigation

special units not showing up

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > special units not showing up
Level 6 Human Tanker, Stategist, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 26, 2012 at 4:07 pm
Tagged: special units hegemony gold

Hi this is my first post. I wanted to ask some questions in regards to special units.

I'm playing sandbox as the Spartans and have defeated most of the other nations including the Odrisian kingdoms(the western is my ally). After i conquered Macedonia I had access to the Companions and the Hypaspists, yet after I fully conquered the Boetian League I couldn't find the Sacred Band which I was really wanting to help in my campaign against Athens and Persia. The same happened with King Sitalces Cavalry/Peltasts (I believe Eastern Odrisian Kingdom). Yet I have control of the Macedonian special units, the Phocian Amphictyons and the Paeonian Agrianians.

Has anyone else had this problem? Are there special methods of acquiring them?

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on June 28, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Unfortunately, this is something of a side effect due to the fact the sandbox was added in gold but wasn't part of the original game. Originally, the idea was that when you're playing as Macedonia, your special units would regenerate if they were defeated but once you destroyed the special enemy units, those would be gone permanently.

In the sandbox mode, I can definitely see why it would be fun for Sparta to control the Sacred Band since we're not really concerned about historical

For the moment, the only solution I can suggest is to spawn them yourself with the console using the addbrigade command. For example:

addbrigade sacredbandhoplitebrigade -home Thebes

Otherwise, the only real option would be to disable permadeath in the sandbox which obviously has its pros and cons.

Level 6 Human Tanker, Stategist, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Posted on July 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Thanks for the help, Rob. This only happened though with the Sacred Band. Thanks to you I don't need to worry about that.