Skip navigation

BUG? - Early Winter - game won't proceed beyond this season

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > BUG? - Early Winter - game won't proceed beyond this season
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 24, 2012 at 3:35 pm

The game is stuck on this season and it drains all my food resources. Now I have tons of towns rebelling.

What I did:

-I loaded a previously saved game and played from there, same thing happens when I take two northeastern Persian towns. The 'hold for 360 days" count is also frozen and will not count any new days that I have held the cities.

-I then installed 1.5.6 over 1.5.5, to see if that would solve the problem. I loaded the saved game that was frozen on the winter season. It still doesn't work.

Any reasonable suggestions I can try?

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on June 25, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Sorry for the problem. We were only recently made aware of this issue, which occurs in games that have been running for a long time on machines with high-frame rates. While we have fixed the problem, unfortunately the patch will be part of ver 1.5.7 which isn't ready for release yet.

In the meantime you can try resetting the in-game date using the console (open with the tilde key '~') and the 'setday' command. Typing 'setday -abs 0' without the quotes should reset the day to the beginning and allow time to progress as usual. I believe this should be safe with the exception of any active timed objectives - so you'll want to start the 'hold for 360 days' objective before you reset the date. If you have started them already you can also try 'setday 360' to jump the clock ahead so that you complete those objectives before resetting the clock.

Alternatively, I could also e-mail you an unofficial version of the game that includes the patch but hasn't been testing thoroughly yet.

Thanks for your patience.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on August 24, 2012 at 9:55 am

It's been 60 days since my original post regarding this bug. I haven't played the game since reporting this bug and would like to know when a patch will be made available or v. 1.5.7 will be released so I can make a decision whether to keep this game on my HDD or delete it and sell it at our local games auction flea market.

Thanks...

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on August 24, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I'm really sorry it's been so long. We've been holding off on 1.5.7 because there are still a few things we wanted to work on but unfortunately Rome occupies almost all our time right now so it's been really hard to squeeze in time to work on Gold. I'll talk to the other guys about moving ahead with 1.5.7, but in the meantime if you want to e-mail me directly (rob@longbowgames.com) I can send you an unreleased exe that includes the fixes.

Thanks for your patience.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on October 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm

It's been another 6 weeks since I last came here and posted. Any word on a final patch version to fix my game's problems? Yes, I see you have released 1.5.7 to the public, but it is in a beta version and I simply don't have the time right now to test and deal with potential beta bugs. Thanks...