Skip navigation

Spartiads(think thats right)

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Spartiads(think thats right)
Level 8 Human Amazing Gamer
Alignment: Evil
Posted on June 7, 2012 at 12:28 am

Why was the Spartan elite unit taken out of Gold? I noticed its in original hegemony, but got taken out in Gold. The Thebans still have their elite unit. Is there any way I could spawn it or something? Would really like to have it for my Spartan Army (:

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 7, 2012 at 1:46 pm

They weren't intentionally removed, but I guess they accidentally got dropped out of the campaign file at some point. You can spawn them from the console if you want using this command:

addbrigade spartiateshoplitebrigade

Posted on June 8, 2012 at 2:07 am

Ok that worked, but Ive run into another problem. The Spartietes cant get a home city. Ive tried to switch them to Sparta then Akiri, but it wont work. This means that they cant get replacements, and if they route, I lose them permanently. Any ideas on how to fix them?

Level 7 Human Weird
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on June 9, 2012 at 12:38 am

when spawning units its best to use the following formula:
addbrigade (unit type) -faction (yours) -home (any city that you own thats in your startup area) -container (any city you own)

dont forget if your using the sandbox senario you need to add it to the end of the faction name
eg: ThraceEastSandbox

that should give them a spawn point to work from for recruits and a starting location, remember native cities work for experience gaining troops but allied and conquered only can support relivent troop types

hope this helps

Posted on June 12, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Yep, that worked perfectly! Thanks so much!

The only quibble I have is that they dont have unique artwork, but thats nothing major at all.

Level 8 Human Grand Admiral
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 15, 2012 at 9:59 pm

They weren't intentionally removed, but I guess they accidentally got dropped out of the campaign file at some point. You can spawn them from the console if you want using this command:

addbrigade spartiateshoplitebrigade

I would like to request a minor patch for this stuff - the minor issues such as this discussed here in thr forums. Most of the problems seem to be quite miniscule as far a coding would go, I don't imagine it would get in your way as far as Rome.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 7, 2012 at 6:50 am

Now i just need to worry about the spartans having no other combat unit apart from their silly little hoplite troops, not even peltasts. :/

Posted on December 10, 2012 at 6:38 am

when spawning units its best to use the following formula:
addbrigade (unit type) -faction (yours) -home (any city that you own thats in your startup area) -container (any city you own)

dont forget if your using the sandbox senario you need to add it to the end of the faction name
eg: ThraceEastSandbox

that should give them a spawn point to work from for recruits and a starting location, remember native cities work for experience gaining troops but allied and conquered only can support relivent troop types

hope this helps

Doesnt seem to work anymore