Skip navigation

Hegemony gold. Console Faction names...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony gold. Console Faction names...
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 2, 2012 at 8:04 am

Hello, my name is PhonieX, and this is my first post.
I do not understand the faction names. I went into console commands, to add a brigade to my city Elaitis(Epirus)But when I am done. It says: Faction names "Epirus" Is not avaible. I do not understand the names. I tried Kingdom of Epirus. Noone is working. Could you help me? Tell me the names or something?

Regard's PhonieX

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 4, 2012 at 5:20 pm

If you look in the game folder under resources/entities/campaigns there are a few files called philip.xml, sandbox.xml, etc. If you open these up in a text editor, all of the factions in that campaign will be listed near the beginning in a format something like this:

<faction enttype='Argolis'>
<baseincome>1000</baseincome>
<maxfactionid>51</maxfactionid>
</faction>

with that being the definition for the Argolis faction. To add a hoplite brigade for the argolis faction you'd type:

addbrigade hoplitebrigade -faction Argolis

You will find that some of the names in the file match what you see on screen while others are a little different. For example the Odressyian factions are just called ThraceEast, ThraceWest, etc. There are also a few special factions for the sandbox and these usually just have the word sandbox appended e.g. EpirusSandbox

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 16, 2012 at 6:04 am

Grabbed this from the files ages ago. The faction names are specific to the sandbox, but I'd imagine that they're the same in the campaigns except without the 'sandbox' (for those that have sandbox in their names, anyway).
Unit names too. Hopefully they're self explanatory.

Worth noting that I only tested them very briefly, but they seemed to work. Except 'generalbrigade'. Don't use that. Crash to desktop, every time.

Independent
Macedonia
Athens
Sparta
Thebes
Persia
PaeoniaSandbox
IllyriaSandbox
AcarnaniaSandbox
AchaeaSandbox
AetoliaSandbox
ArcadiaSandbox