Skip navigation

Origins Game Fair #4

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Origins Game Fair #4
Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 30, 2012 at 10:42 pm
Tagged: origins tshirts hegemonyrome hegemonygold buttons

Longbow is back at the Origins Game Fair for a record 4th time with our biggest booth yet (check out some of the setup pics). As usual, we've got great discounts on boxed copies of Hegemony Gold, tons of the ever-popular buttons and, for the first time at Origins, limited edition Hegemony Rome t-shirts. Unfortunately, Rome isn't quite ready for a playable preview yet, but we're more than happy to talk about it and if you drop by early, you can even grab your own super cool rub-on Rome tattoo.

Update: The show is over, but we have about a dozen shirts left over. If you're interested in purchasing one, details can be found here.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on June 3, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Even though Hegemony Rome isn't finished yet, I wanted to ask if you think of continuing with the Hegemony series in future. I could already imagine wars like the Thirty Years' War, the Napoleonic Wars (with events like Tyrol uprising, the English blockade and the scorched earth tactics and perhaps a second scenario with Arthur Wellesley's career advancement and military success, the normally used line infantry would also fit into the used scheme of brigades, nearly no soldier was sent out alone in those days), the unification of Italy or Germany or the Franco-Prussian War.

The list of "adequate" wars could be continued in America: the Seven Years' War, the American Revolutionary War, the Mexican-American War (even though rather short) or the early conquests of Spain, Portugal, England and France.

But also earlier scenarios like the conquest and the Reconquista of Spain, the birth of Francia or the HRE were all possible.

Ohhh, when I only imagine all these possibilities, my mouth starts to water (in the figurative sense)!

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 4, 2012 at 4:33 pm

If Rome does well enough to to keep the lights on around here than I think there's definitely a good chance you will see another Hegemony down the road. As far as time periods, at this point pretty much everything is on the table. The only relatively concrete plans we've got is that we're hoping to finally add a multiplayer mode in H3 so we'll likely look for a period that emphasizes that feature.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on June 7, 2012 at 9:38 am

Are the Hegemony Rome t-shirts that were on sale at the Origins Game Fair going to go on sale online? They look pretty awesome and I was hoping to get one without going to Ebay.

Also multiplayer in Hegemony 3 would be pretty awesome regardless of the time setting.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 8, 2012 at 7:48 am

I think we can work something out. I posted details on this shirts here.