We're at a point where we think version 1.5.6 of Hegemony Gold is now stable enough to officially release, so we'd like to thank all the players who helped us work out the bugs. Originally we had only intended to fix a problem where players weren't finding any sheep in their territory, but thanks to all of you we also found time to add a couple new features to the diplomacy window and fix a bunch of minor bugs that have been kicking around.
As always, you can get the latest version by installing the demo over your current install; the game will recognize that your serial code is valid, and will automatically unlock it. If you purchased through Steam, Impulse, or GamersGate, expect the update to be pushed to those outlets soon.
Obviously we're focused on developing Hegemony Rome right now, but as always, let us know if you run into any trouble by posting on our forums or emailing me or Rob.
Thanks again, and keep reading for the changelog.
* AI will more aggressively capture sheep in their territories, ensuring that more sheep spawn in the player's territory.
* AI are now much more likely to attack princesses.
* When upgrading from a truce to an alliance, the cost of the alliance is now factored in.
* The diplomacy buttons now show a tooltip listing the faction's assets.
* Fixed a bug where workers couldn't pick up food from farms.
* Fixed a bug where Spartan AI didn't immediately relinquish control of its troops at the end of the Ionian campaign.
* Fixed a crash that could happen with very large armies.
* Fixed a crash when running the game on a computer without a sound card.
* Fixed the sound settings displaying "Custom" instead of the matching sound setting.
* Fixed Bardylis forgetting his target if you save and reload in the middle of his attack.
* Fixed AI miniatures sometimes showing up when they shouldn't.
* Fixed the documentation to specify that sheep spawn over the winter, rather than the spring.