Skip navigation

Destroyed Factions

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Destroyed Factions
Level 7 Human Student
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 28, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I want to start off by saying that this is a great game, and I have already spent many hours on it in the few days i have owned it. Thank you to those who laboured many hours over this game.

I have taken all of Epirus' cities, mines, farms, and forts. Do I have to destroy/capture all of their watchtowers for Epirus to be considered destroyed?
Also, after they are destroyed and one of their cities revolts against me, who gains control of the rebelled city?

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 28, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Thanks for the comments, they're much appreciated.

Factions are never officially "destroyed", as the populations they represent are still there, but if you control all of their cities then they can't recruit new units and are essentially wiped out. While they may still "control" watchtowers, forts, farms or mines, these buildings don't really do anything on their own and you can capture them yourself or leave them alone. However, as you guessed, if the city rebels the original faction will re-take control and will attempt to rebuild their army and retake other cities.

Level 7 Human Student
Posted on April 29, 2012 at 12:50 am

doh! i didn't want to have my resources tied up in keeping that population fed.

Thank you for the reply.

Another quick question, is there a recommended path of conquest for the Philip campaign?
I ask because I just followed the objectives west, thinking that they were activated/"discovered" after completing the previous one. This lead to me owning Pella as my Eastern border and the Adriatic as my western border, Larissa on the south and Dardinia in the north, not very much food but a lot of mines. This has caused many problems with expansion because I have to constantly disperse my two main armies so that my cities don't rebel from lack of food.

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 29, 2012 at 5:36 am

You're going to have food problems with the northern cities no matter when you take them. In my opinion, it's a good idea to take them all, relatively early, since you will then reach the edge of the map up there, meaning no enemies in that direction. Be sure to not use too large an army, since they will eat the food of each city you conquer, possibly causing it to rebel. 1 or 2 phalangites, 1 archer, 1 or 2 catapults should be enough.

Also be sure to move plenty of sheep up there, as well improving the roads and possibly using workers to transport food.

Level 7 Human Student
Posted on April 29, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I was taken off guard by the size of their cav. so I thought their ground units would be bigger as well. So, I had an army of 3phalangites, 2peltasts, 1cav, and 2catapults. I obliterated their armies, but the cities kept rebelling.
I'll try that army composition today. Thank you.

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 29, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Yeah, cavalry can be devastating, when you're not prepared for it. When they charge a line of phalangites, supported by archers or peltasts, they won't last long, though.

You should probably bring 2 phalangites, instead of just 1, though, just in case you need a bit of tactical flexibility.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 3, 2012 at 11:31 am

the best route for the campaign in my opinion is to once you finished the inital challenges, i would go west to hereclea lyncus area. then south to olooson. i don't think its a really good idea to stretch to far out either way north, south, east, or west. best thing to do after initial challenges is to conquer and retake ALL the macedonian cities in the macedonia area. so after olooson, i would go east of pella a little ways towards the chalcidean(i think they are called). there are a couple cities that are yours and will above them in between the western odrysian and central odrysians. the reason for taking ALL of macedonia and getting your cities back is so you can recruit your own units which can gain experience and you can really build a army. after that, you can really go anywhere you choose in my opinion. i decided to go all the way northwest to reduce being attacked on all sides. had made a truce with the paonians because i was being attacked by too many people. so after i took northwest map i went ahead and took paonians since they are relatively weak and small. now i think i want to try for thebes(boetian) since they are more formidable from what ive read. i want to wait to take sparta and athens later on just for the finale.