Skip navigation

Dalmation Mines and Supply Lines

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Dalmation Mines and Supply Lines
Level 6 Human Dad
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 7, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Hegemony team and players
I think I have an easy question. Every time I defeat a faction and completely take over their territory I always maximize all the supply lines including all mines, forts, and farms back to my empire. I always finagle my way through this process, kinda of blindly mixing and matching farms with cities with mines with forts to finally create a combination that maximizes all the resources. I've tried to look in the manual, but is there an easier way to plan this. I know each fort and city has a max number of supply hubs or points. Is there a way I can look at each city and actually plan how my supply matrix is going to be built. I realize I may be overlooking something obvious, I hope I'm not embarrassed by how simple the solution is. Thanks for any insight.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on April 8, 2012 at 6:57 pm

No, there's no planning feature like that. I remember noticing in that region that there was a lack of supply nodes compared to the number of mines available. You could try a self-contained network up there, with one or no supply routes back. Income is still collected, and it's not a high traffic area that needs to be able to feed an army.

Level 6 Human Dad
Posted on April 9, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Is this true Hegemony team? Is there really no way to easily see how many initial or potential supply nodes each city has?

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on April 9, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Not sure if this is what you mean, so I apologise in advance if it looks like I'm calling you stupid.

When you mouse over one of your cities, on the tool tip there is a line of numbers, the last set with a little green icon will say something like 2/3, or 5/12 etc, those numbers are the Current/Maximum # of supply nodes.

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 10, 2012 at 10:41 am

As Bansh pointed out, the number of supply nodes is listed in the tooltip when you hold your mouse over a city and, as of version 1.5.5, there is also a column in the Asset list that shows the total number of supply nodes plus the number currently in use.

Both numbers are marked with the Caduceus symbol which the Greeks used as a symbol of trade/commerce. In modern times the symbol has been associated with the medical profession but we thought it would be interesting to re-assert its traditional meaning. Unfortunately, we didn't follow up on the plan and explain our usage very well so many player's don't realize that information is there.

In general, we appreciate that the supply nodes have been a little contentious and we're approaching them in a different way in Rome that should hopefully work out better. In the meantime, don't hesitate to ask questions. We're also happy to hear suggestions on how we could improve things. The supply node column in the asset list was taken from a player suggestion and there may be other relatively easy things I could do to improve the system.

Level 6 Human Dad
Posted on April 11, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Thank you gentlemen. I can't believe I didn't see it before. Thanks

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 16, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Is there a method in editing the number of nodes for a city?

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on April 17, 2012 at 7:14 am

nope, its fixed (according to historical circumstances).
You can only increase the population via immigrant at citys with macedonien origin.
I think it is a challenge to work with the nodes you have.
More than one time you have to decide to connect to a mine or a farm or another city.