Skip navigation

The Dalmatian Mines

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > The Dalmatian Mines
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 7, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Hello,
I am playing the Phillip Campaign and was wondering if it is at all possible to actually connect to all the Dalmatian Mines. I have an excruciatingly large amount of slaves, but cannot connect the mines to cities to actually reap the benefits.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 7, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I think I've done it, but I'm not sure. It's possible to connect mines over extremely large distances, so you could theoretically just connect all of them to Pella.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, once you're done campaigning in that part of the world, you probably won't need much food up there, so you can disconnect some of your farms, and connect the mines instead.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I realise this is a late reply but did you know that mines can be connected to forts to provide the income? This leaves your city slots open for food.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on April 20, 2012 at 9:39 am

but the fort must be connected to a city or not?

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on April 28, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Forts do not have to be connected to a city to give you mine income, you can have 2 mines per fort and receive the money. Food cannot do this because the food must flow from structure to structure but money does not.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on August 17, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I think I've done it, but I'm not sure. It's possible to connect mines over extremely large distances, so you could theoretically just connect all of them to Pella.
I cannot forward a unit from Pella further than Lichnidos or Penestae. Game cannot create such a long path.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, once you're done campaigning in that part of the world, you probably won't need much food up there, so you can disconnect some of your farms, and connect the mines instead.
Heh, that’s a point.
1. farms gather food even if not connected
2. farms produce a large amount of food at autumn
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on August 18, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I cannot forward a unit from Pella further than Lichnidos or Penestae. Game cannot create such a long path.

Heh, that’s a point.
1. farms gather food even if not connected
2. farms produce a large amount of food at autumn
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!

Like with units, you can make a long path for a supply line manually by creating waypoints (holding shift and clicking onto the ground). I didn't know that aswell, picked it up here too... But helps a lot in Dalmatia...

But imho, creating spearmen ONLY in native/allied cities helps your income a lot more than 10 mines could...

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 19, 2012 at 12:06 pm

You can have all the mines connected to cities in the area and have farms connected to cities. I’m guessing there several ways to do this. My system follows: Autariate to Autariate, Autariate South, Ianthe,and Ianeira; Doclea to Enchelei, Iasion, and Iapetos; Dalmatica to Ialmenos, Dalmatica, and Admete; Scordisci to Xanthe and Scordisci

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on August 23, 2012 at 4:40 pm

As someone already said you can connect all of them to Pella and/or other cities that happen to have extra spaces with no mines around. You also don't need all the farms in the area, especially after tearing down the walls and moving on. Just yesterday I used my asset list to find all my unconnected mines and cities with extra points. In the end it was easiest to connects the 4 northern most mines to the 3 cities in the region (Dalmatia, and the two Danube tribes to the north) and the 6 southern mines all to Pella, which still has extra connections.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on August 24, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I always use Pella and Pydna to connect them with bigger cities all over the map, so I can deliver 100 food a week for only 90 gold e.g. to Thebes, Athens (over half of the Agean Sea, even cheaper) or other areas with merely enough food to feed their own garrisons...

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on August 24, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I've never needed to, even on expert with normal food production. Ultimately, every region seems to produce enough food to feed its garrison and increase its stockpile. Just hasten the army away, as it can be a serious drain, and all's well.