Skip navigation

Toronto

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Toronto
Level 7 Human Dad
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 7, 2012 at 9:18 am

Hegemony Team
I'm simply curious....but is the team composed of or mostly Leaf fans?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 7, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Heh, I go to one Leafs game a year, if I'm lucky. We're pretty much all nerds, and we don't follow sports very closely.

Granted, even my friends that are Leafs fans would be ashamed to admit it right now.

Level 7 Human Dad
Posted on April 7, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Rick,
You shouldn't take for granted the history and tradition you have with the leafs. I'm a hockey fan stuck in iowa and I wish we had the passion and appreciation for hockey that you "may" take for granted. That last sentence my sound harsh...I'm not trying to preach. I won't be bringing up hockey in this forum, but I wish the "powers that be" for toronto (brian burke etc.) would just suck it up and dedicate themselves to a rebuild. It would be kinda cool to see the most significant franchise in hockey do well. FYI, I'm a blackhawk fan...and I'm not trying to kiss any ass here....i'm just saying. Having said that...the hawks are looking good...i think we have maybe phoenix in the first round...the cup could be ours again....a 5th stanley cup would be sweet...maybe some day we can earn as much as the leafs have...and then the habitants...

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 9, 2012 at 11:45 am

Yeah, I like hockey, and I usually follow the Leafs when they're in the playoffs, but I don't have the dedication to follow the trades and the season games, so I get most of my information on that front through my friends, who do follow the Leafs closely. (One of my friends is also a Blackhawks fan.)

We're definitely a hockey town, though. No matter how poorly the Leafs are doing, the ACC always sells out, and when Team Canada won we had to shut down a swath of the downtown core to party.

I would like to see the Leafs win the cup some time in my life. It's been nearly 20 years since the last time we even stood a chance.

Level 7 Human Dad
Posted on April 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I'm not a Leaf fan...but I think everybody would enjoy the great story that is the Maple Leafs finally winning a stanley cup again. Kinda like the chicago cubs....god, I hope your leaf's don't become the cubs...but you have to admit there a lot of similarities. The leafs and the cubs both share an extremely similar market.