Skip navigation

Rick talks about history vs gameplay

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Rick talks about history vs gameplay
Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm
Tagged: hegemony hegemonyrome entertainmentdepot rick interview

We do a lot of interviews, and it can be quite challenging to come up with interesting answers when interviewers ask the same questions over and over again. That's why I was pleasantly surprised when I was interviewed by The Entertainment Depot. This interview is chalk full of insightful questions, particularly on how the gameplay of Hegemony Rome lines up with the historical realities of Caesar's campaign. The interview was a real treat, and demanded more thoughtful answers than you might be used to reading in other publications, so be sure to check it out.

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on March 10, 2012 at 9:48 am

Great interview, lots of new/intriguing stuff you brought up. The non-linear historical objectives (and their great factual background descriptions) made for an excellent running narrative in Phillip. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the game, so glad to see you're keeping emphasis on the campaign story. Seems like the immersion the game brings will get enhanced even more with the new way of handling officers and from elements added to the already superior supply system. Keep up the great work!

Auxiliaries seem to have been reworked, and mercs given less emphasis. In Phillip they usually came from conquered cities, which brings up how occupation will be handled. Has anything changed from the opinion based rebellious rating or is it too early to say?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 12, 2012 at 11:20 pm

It's still a bit early to say, but in the campaign mode it's probably going to be a lot more quest-sensitive than it was in Philip.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 31, 2012 at 6:20 pm
Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 31, 2012 at 7:03 pm

The interview links above are broken. They should be http://www.entdepot.com/2012/03/05/from-philip-to-caesar-longbow-games-on-hegemony-rome/

Thanks for pointing that out, I don't know how we missed that. It should be fixed now.

Level 7 Human Senior Business Analyst
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on April 1, 2012 at 12:45 pm

When will that beta arrive!!! I need my fix soon!