Skip navigation

Archer bug?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Archer bug?
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 24, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I think i found archer bug

when i ordered my archer unit to ranged attack an enemy unit, my archers would get in suitable range and pull their bows and release their arrows, the problem is all their arrows will converge to a single dot, i mean their arrows will be concentrated to a single spot instead of hitting many. so most of the time a single wave of arrows can only kill a single person in enemy unit

if the archers are originally designed that way, then it's really a shame

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on January 24, 2012 at 10:20 pm

The archers were designed to purposely pick different targets as long as they are in range. When an archer brigade is moving towards a target it can sometimes be difficult for the AI to determine the best point to stop and fire. Ideally you want their entire formation to be within range of your entire brigade of archers but sometimes this would put your front row dangerously close to the enemy or if the enemy is moving you might want to fire immediately rather than risking they get away before you can get into position.

That said, I will double check as soon as I get a chance to see if there might be some other problem going on. Thanks for the feedback.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 26, 2012 at 5:41 am

yea, it's just kinda funny every one of them firing off to the same guy

what sin did he do that he had to be killed by 30 arrows :D