Skip navigation

Missing WAV File

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Missing WAV File
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 22, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Hi, ive been having problems lately launching my game. Lately i was cleaning up my computer and i accidently deleted one of the individual wav file sounds, such as the wind and other etc. And every time i try to launch the game it says im missing that sound file and sends me back to my desktop. I already tried re downloading the whole game through Impulse which is where i originally bought the game, and it didn't work. Is their anyway I can resolve this issue or re install the game?

Thanks~

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 23, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Right-click on the game and choose "Run as Administrator". (On some versions of Windows you might have to shift-right-click to get the option.) It should decompress your sounds as soon as it launches. Once they're extracted, you won't have to do it again.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 23, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I've right clicked and right clicked + shift on Hegemony on my pin menu and desktop multiple times and "run as administer" doesn't show up? It shows up on my other programs except my games.

Posted on January 24, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Try going directly into the Program Files\Longbow Digital Arts\Hegemony Gold folder and doing it there. (If you're running a 64-bit system, it would be in Program Files (x86).)

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 25, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Okay so I went directly to programs and files and "run as administer" showed up. I ran the game and the same problem still occurred. I sent a dump file with the error info. I'm at a loss as to why this problem wont go away, I would like to get back to my game as soon as possible.

~Thanks

Posted on January 25, 2012 at 9:27 pm

It might be easiest just to reinstall. You won't lose your saved games or anything.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 25, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I also tried re installing it through Impulse and when I ran it again it still occurred. Is their anyway way I can just wipe Hegemony off completely and re install brand new? I don't mind losing my saved games, I just care more for making it work again. Is it possible to get a download link sent via email with my serial key provided?

Posted on January 26, 2012 at 12:23 am

You can uninstall by going to the start menu, selecting 'Control Panel' (this is under the 'Settings' menu in older versions of Windows), then selecting 'Uninstall a Program' (this is called 'Add/Remove Programs' or 'Programs and Features' in older versions of Windows). Just select Hegemony and click the Uninstall button.

You can register your Impulse purchase on our site here, and that will allow you to download your purchases from our Download Centre. Alternately, if you're running Hegemony Gold, you can just download the demo from the Hegemony Gold page and unlock it with your serial code.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 27, 2012 at 12:32 am

I downloaded the game from the download center and completely re installed Hegemony, and ran the game and the same exact error came up. I then ran as administrator and yet again nothing changed.

Posted on January 28, 2012 at 5:47 am

Did you uninstall the game first?

My best guess right now is that you deleted one or more of the .wavs, but you left the cacheindex.txt file, so it doesn't realize that it needs to rebuild those .wav files.

If you uninstall the game first, it should delete these files and when you reinstall it everything should work.

If you would prefer to fix it manually, go into your Program Data folder (on Windows Vista/7, this is in C:\ProgramData; you might have to enable hidden files to see it) and delete the "Longbow Digital Arts" folder. Once that's gone, running as administrator should restore your .wavs.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 29, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Yea I uninstalled the game first before downloading from the download center. Ill try to do it manually, thanks!

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on February 18, 2012 at 12:13 am

Success! I completely re-installed the game again and it worked without any problems. Thank you for the great support, their must have been something I was doing wrong in the process of un-installing in the past ( perhaps not restarting my computer ).

Im looking very forward to Rome.

Cheers~