Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome release date.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Rome release date.
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 21, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Is there a more specific release date for Hegemony Rome other than just spring?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 23, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Not yet. We only have five full-time developers, so it's hard to give a very definite answer.

Once we reach beta, we'll probably start doing pre-orders, and giving beta access to anybody who pre-orders. Sign up for our newsletter to get the details when they're announced.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on January 25, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I've been signed up for the newsletter but you almost never send one out. Is it meant to be monthly or quarterly or something?

Posted on January 25, 2012 at 7:36 pm

We don't want to spam anybody, so we only send them out every month or two.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 25, 2012 at 8:14 pm

That's good to know.

I just realised that there's an RSS feed to the news page, in case anyone's interested.

Posted on January 26, 2012 at 6:01 am

We don't want to spam anybody, so we only send them out every month or two.

Nice to know I guess. Better to send one when there is something to report. Still, good luck. I check back here occasionally to see how things are going. For what its worth you have a guaranteed customer in me for the next Hegemony. Good luck with that beta (and the whole game too).

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 26, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Didn't realise the game was that close to release to be honest. I do hope you ramp up the promotion a bit once you have a beta going. A game this awesome deserves to reach a greater public.

Posted on January 26, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Just to be clear, we don't have a date for when the beta will start either. It's going to be at least a month away.

And we do plan on ramping up the marketing. In fact, we'll be launching a new video any time now.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 27, 2012 at 9:04 am
Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 27, 2012 at 11:30 am

That's great.

Posted on January 28, 2012 at 6:43 am

Just to be clear, we don't have a date for when the beta will start either. It's going to be at least a month a</b>way</i>.

And we do plan on ramping up the marketing. In fact, we'll be launching a new video any time now.

A month!? Wow that is very soon. I was expecting to settle in for the long haul here for a year or so. Clearly I have been too patient. Very exciting!

Posted on January 31, 2012 at 5:18 am

Well, like I said, it's hard to give definite dates right now, but you definitely don't have to wait a year.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on February 9, 2012 at 11:59 am

Are all the campaigns going to be large scale campaigns or will there be parts where it is on a small scale. I found that it got a bit hectic when the game got to large which puts you off it a bit.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 2, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I like large scale, except whenever playing a game if I feel like I have reached the point where I am too huge and the enemy is too small I start to lose interest as the challenge is all gone. It is down to just manipulating my large army across a big map to wipe out the small pockets of resistance which gets tedious.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 8, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Well, like I said, it's hard to give definite dates right now, but you definitely don't have to wait a year.

Well just let us know when we can part with some of our cash for beta again.

I think your hype drive began a little early (if it can be called that). Perhaps im just biased because i started poking my gaming buddies and talking about hegemony and the updates and boards have been so slow!

Anyway, looking forward to Rome.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on March 12, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hope the release is soon.

How do you pre-order?

Posted on March 12, 2012 at 10:48 pm

When we announce the beta, you'll be able to pre-order it on this site, just as you would buy any other game. Make sure you've signed up for the newsletter so you get the latest news. We won't spam you or anything; we only post about once every month or two.