Skip navigation

Installation of wav files

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Installation of wav files
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm
Tagged: sound files decompression

Hello,

I play Hegemony Gold and one of the things that bothers me somewhat is that the game is dead set to read the decompressed wav files from the 'documents and settings' folder. I have tried several methods to move the wav files in the game folder, put it gies several errors. I do this because my C: partition where my windows XP is installed is pretty full and Hegemony wav files add another ~700 MB to that partition. I Installed most of my non-essential programs on other partitions and therefore i would like to know if there is any viable way to delete the ~700 MB written by the game in C: and set the game to read it from the game's installation folder.

Thank you very much for your time.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Unfortunately, the game doesn't support putting those files anywhere except the 'All Users' profile. I'll try to improve the situation in Hegemony Rome.

If you're feeling adventurous, and you're comfortable editing registry keys, you could try to move your All Users profile to your other drive. It's specifically the 'Common AppData' directory that Hegemony uses, so that's the only one that needs to be moved.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 18, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Tkank you very much for your answer, and no, I am not feeling that adventurous.