Skip navigation

Weird Error when making unavailable unit

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Weird Error when making unavailable unit
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 14, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I'm not entirely sure what caused this crash, I went to create the phalangites when I couldn't, and it instantly crashed with this error:
It offered to create a crash dump and I did so: http://www.multiupload.com/U201YA0YQY

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 15, 2012 at 12:41 am

Sorry for the problem. According to the message, the game can't find the text to display an error message about the unit you were going to build. I haven't seen this particular issue before but I've downloaded your dump and will check it out and get back to you.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 15, 2012 at 7:18 am

This is easily reproducible. Just tried it. Start a new game, try to create the Phalangites before you get Pella back.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 16, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I tracked down the issue. It only happens when you use the keyboard shortcut instead of clicking the button with the mouse. The bug was fixed in Hegemony Gold but we'll make the changes to the original game and post when we have an update available. Thanks again for the report.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 17, 2012 at 10:10 am

Happy to help, I plan to get Gold some time next month. It's definitely not a game-killing error, just an oddity that I ran into.