Skip navigation

How do Logistics bonuses stack?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > How do Logistics bonuses stack?
Level 7 Human questioner
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 29, 2011 at 1:19 am

Hi,

I picked up Hegemony Gold over Xmas and am enjoying it a lot.

I'm puzzled by how the Logistics bonuses stack. It seems to be something like 2/3, 1/2, 1/3 of the second bonus depending on top level gets used (i.e. if top level is 50% then a second 50% is only about 17%, but if top level is 20% then 11% is about 7%). But a third top tier bonus is devalued to about 1/9th. Can someone enlighten me with the actual calculations involved and any exceptions. As far as I can tell you can end up with contributions from 4 bonuses - unit skill, general skill, logistics shrine, garrisoned.

I hope somebody, maybe a developer, is up for the question.

I'm a little surprised it has not come up before seeing as food is currency in Hegemony (along with recruits in Gold).

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 30, 2011 at 2:47 am

We tried to design Hegemony so that it's fun without having to do any math, but for any inquiring minds, here's how it works:

The short answer is: skills exponentially grow, and stacking exponentially decays. If you want to see the math, keep reading, otherwise you can jump to the end.

First, find out your skill bonuses. These are the same for both the units and the generals, and they double with each level:
0, 0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0

Add together the bonuses for both your unit and your general. Also add 1 if it's near a shrine, and another 1 if it's garrisoned.

Your final consumption rate is divided by (1 + consumption bonuses).

So for fully levelled units, your stacking for each of the four bonuses looks like this:
1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5

For a unit which is not garrisoned, not near a shrine, and has no general, the bonus for each logistics upgrade looks like this:
8/9, 4/5, 2/3, 1/2

So although it's always useful to improve your logistics, it's a lot more useful to units in the field than it is to garrisoned units, since you're going to get diminishing returns by stacking buffs.

Level 7 Human questioner
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 30, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Excellent. Thanks Rick.

It IS a fun game. Congratulations.

I tried something like the (1+consumption bonuses) formula but could not get it to work as I was missing the nomimal skill bonuses and working from the reductions as stated in the tooltips (i.e. 11%, 20%...) as the skill bonus. I see now that these are simply the reduction effect without stacking of the hidden skill bonus.