Skip navigation

Error: That serial code is invalid

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Error: That serial code is invalid
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on November 8, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased Hegemony: Philip of Macedon from Steam. I loved the game so much I came here to rave about it. That's when I noticed that there was a Gold version. Well I went to buy the Gold version and saw that you could upgrade from the original for only 9 dollars. All I had to do was register my Steam version. Unfortunately when I go to register it, I get the above error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Traveler

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2011 at 10:09 am

Hello again,

While loading the game to play, I noticed it had a button to register the game. I clicked it and the reply was "Thank you for your support" after successfully registering the game at Longbow. So I tried again to purchase the 9 dollar update, but it said I needed to register my game. I tried again and received the same error message. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Traveler

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Hi Traveler,

It's a little confusing, but registering your game through the launcher and registering on the site are two different things.

Registering your game in the launcher is how your turn a demo into a full version, and since you installed it through Steam, it should have already done that for you.

Registering your purchase on the site at www.longbowgames.com/gamereg ties your purchase to your longbowgames.com account, giving you all the benefits you'd have if you had purchased it directly from us, such as redownloading your game at any time through the Download Centre or being eligible for the $9.99 upgrade offer.

When you're registering your game on longbowgames.com, make sure you selected "Hegemony: Philip of Macedon" from the product dropdown, since that's the game you've already purchased.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Rick,

Thank you so very much for your patience and spot on analysis as to what I was doing wrong. I failed to notice that I was trying to enter a product key for Hegemony: Gold, "d'oh". I hope my public display of ignorance helps another from suffering the same fate.

Great game, can't wait to play Gold.

Take care,

Traveler