Skip navigation

Some newbie question...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Some newbie question...
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Hello all. Great game (heard the Three Moves Ahead podcast) but I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with..

1) The message "recruitment blocked", what does that mean?
2) The only way to increase recruitment pools are through migrants? Is that right?
3) My southern-most city right now, Elemia, is always out of food, which is problematic as I'm constantly getting attacked from the South. It is connected by one farm, and I have a supply line running to the city just north, Elodea (sp). What can I do to increase food production? I upgraded the inter-city supply line three times, but it doesnt seem to help. Thx for any tips fellas!

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 8, 2011 at 1:35 am

1) The message "recruitment blocked", what does that mean?

In order for a unit to get new recruits there must be an open route of supply lines from its location back to its home city.

2) The only way to increase recruitment pools are through migrants? Is that right?

Yep, the only way to increase the max recruits in a city is to settle a band of migrants in the city. This only applies to Macedonian cities in the Philip of Macedon scenario. Otherwise, recruits in a city replenish slowly over time in proportion to the size of the city. Disbanding slaves into a city will also add a small number of recruits.

3) My southern-most city right now, Elemia, is always out of food ...

Upgrading the supply lines is a good start but this only works if Elimea has extra food and its stockpile level is set low enough that it will share that food. Alternatively you can also capture and move sheep into Eordea or have workers or slaves pickup food from a city and walk it to Eordea.

Hope that helps.