Skip navigation

I cant finish the city walls in Pella..

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > I cant finish the city walls in Pella..
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on October 31, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Hi I just brought Hegamon and was enjoying Philips start to the campaign. But now I have but one outstanding objective- build the city walls in Pella.. I originally clicked on 'help' to learn how to build it and now it has spent a long, long time just saying ' it's under construction'. There seems to be absolutely nothing I can do/click on to make the walls complete and I can now get no new objctives as a result either:( Any ideas? Thanks!

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on October 31, 2011 at 6:56 pm

To add more detail- I don't have the gold version- its the orignal. Also, the walls have been under construction for 2-3 hours of real time. I didnt think anything of it at first but now there are no more objectives. I am looking for a stone resource or something- but no luck so far. Very confused as to what i am supposed to do.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on October 31, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Who did you order to construct the walls? You have to leave the unit there, untill the walls are built. If you did leave the unit there, try giving them a move order, and then try ordering them to construct the walls again.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on November 1, 2011 at 7:41 am

Thanks Nikolaj. I will try this out.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on November 1, 2011 at 8:08 am

No- I have built a worker unit in Pella but it doesn't finish the walls. I have also let the enemy capture Pella and come back and captured Pella - but it still says walls are under construction when I click on 'help' next to the objective of 'build a city walls around Pella'. If I zoom in I can see that the walls are half built. It says nothing about how to complete them..

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 1, 2011 at 1:15 pm

That definitely sounds strange. Sorry for asking very basic questions, but did you actually order the unit to build the walls, or did you just leave them next to the city? You have to select the unit, then right click and hold on the city, to bring up the order wheel, then select build walls.

Maybe you could try building the walls with a different unit, like the companion cavalry.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on November 1, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Hmm- I got it sorted by restarting the campaign and building the walls with some workers- no problems this time. I wonder what I did the first time. Nevermind! All well now! Thanks again Nikolaj