Skip navigation

RB backup

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > RB backup
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 10:42 pm

Backing up the games played doesnt seem to be cuttin it. i know of the 6 hour backup but comon. i cant beleave everytime i go on that game that my wins and losses have not increased or decreased. The system needs to be revamped or something. its turning players away.......

i must be playing well be4 backup time or something...lol

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 12, 2005 at 9:04 am

Something is obviously wrong with the system if it still doesn't remember each player's recently status. Is this due to the daily server clean up or something?

I've been suspecting it for being a log error or something... well, DO I have any idea?!?

People think the server is screwed up... <insert valid reson here>.

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 12, 2005 at 7:32 pm

Something is obviously wrong with the system if it still doesn't remember each player's recently status. Is this due to the daily server clean up or something?

I've been suspecting it for being a log error or something... well, DO I have any idea?!?

People think the server is screwed up... Possibly some hacker must have hacked the ladder.

Thanks for everyone's patience. In the two years since RB Online has been available we've been amazed at how fast the community has grown. There have been over 40,000 registered users in that time with more 750,000 games played!

Unfortunately, one of the struggles with any open online game is dealing with the few people who take delight in ruining the experience for others. Partially because RB was our first experience in a persistent online community and because it was done as a free retrofit to an existing game we have largely left the game on it's own. The few times we have gotten involved in issues in the game we have invariably found out that things are more complicated then we, as relative outsiders, could tell.

However, in light of recent postings and our desire to provide as good an experience as is reasonably possible given the open format of the game, I've been working on a few new utilities to better monitor and admin he servers.

At least for now, administrative control will remain with LDA but these forums will act as a means to express concerns or complaints regarding behavior within the games (both Rival Ball and Rival Ball Tournament). If there are numerous justifiable complaints regarding the same player or we deem something is clearly inappropriate we will act on them as swiftly and as thoroughly as is possible. This includes deleting players as well as temporary/permanent bans.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 13, 2005 at 6:34 am

People think the server is screwed up...

Possible hack.

Thanks for everyone's patience. In the two years since RB Online has been available we've been amazed at how fast the community has grown. There have been over 40,000 registered users in that time with more 750,000 games played!

Unfortunately, one of the struggles with any open online game is dealing with the few people who take delight in ruining the experience for others. Partially because RB was our first experience in a persistent online community and because it was done as a free retrofit to an existing game we have largely left the game on it's own. The few times we have gotten involved in issues in the game we have invariably found out that things are more complicated then we, as relative outsiders, could tell.

However, in light of recent postings and our desire to provide as good an experience as is reasonably possible given the open format of the game, I've been working on a few new utilities to better monitor and admin he servers.

At least for now, administrative control will remain with LDA but these forums will act as a means to express concerns or complaints regarding behavior within the games (both Rival Ball and Rival Ball Tournament). If there are numerous justifiable complaints regarding the same player or we deem something is clearly inappropriate we will act on them as swiftly and as thoroughly as is possible. This includes deleting players as well as temporary/permanent bans.

I have NO idea where you're going with that quote...

Hack, hack, hack...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 13, 2005 at 10:31 am

Just a "quoter's paradise"....