Skip navigation

Coverting Steam Version to Gold...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Coverting Steam Version to Gold...
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 19, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Hey all... finally got my hands on Hegemony: Philip of Macedona from Steam and am interested in getting the Gold Version. I registerd my product and have gone through most of the steps except actually purchasing it becuase I have a few questions:

1. It is asking to download the game, however I have already downloaded it at Steam
2. It is stating CD version - is there a DL version of Gold???
3. When I purchase the game... do I have to load it from the game, or can it be updated through Steam
4. Could I just get the download Key to update it on Steam intead of Downloading it though this site?

Thanks in advance!

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Register your game key from Steam here at Longbow Games, then buy the $10 upgrade to Gold. This is the DL version. Think of Hegemony Gold as a completely separate game from Hegemony, it's easier that way. You will have to download and install Hegemony Gold from Longbow and any future updates will have to be downloaded from Longbow as well

Steam doesn't sell Hegemony Gold so there is no way to get the game from Steam. You can't input the Hegemony Gold key in Steam.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 23, 2011 at 11:44 am

What Kallew said :)

And if you'd like Hegemony Gold to appear in your Steam Library, you can always press the "Add a game" button in the bottom-left corner of Steam, and pick "Add a non-Steam game". This won't give you all the benefits of Steam, but it will make the game easier to launch if you tend to launch your games that way.