Skip navigation

Pathing Bug

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Pathing Bug
Level 8 Human Cyborg
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 1, 2011 at 6:08 pm

When creating a supply route between the Thracian cities of Astike and Teichos the oxcart leaves Astike and makes it about 10 feet then stops and your screen is spammed with "Path not Found" errors. I then crashed about 5 minutes later with a "Out of video memory, lower your resolution" error. Where the game takes only 270-320 MB of vram, no where near maxing it out.

Edit, it's not just limited to the supply route. When you have units in Astike and click to move them to Teichos you get the "Path not found" error as well and have to manually plot a different path.

It seems to be only Astike -> Teichos as traveling Teichos -> Astike works fine. The "dead" spot seems to be just to the right of the farm, as clicking in that area while a unit in Astike is selected gets the "Path Not Found" error.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on March 31, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Not sure if this has been seen or not so might be hell of a necro, but also suffering this issue, not noticed problems with carts, but any units trying to come out of, or go past Astike, get the same path not found error.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 31, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Thanks for pointing this out. I wasn't aware of the issue before but I've tried it now and I can confirm there's a bit of a deadzone in the pathfinding around Astike. I'll take a look into it and get back to you guys.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 3, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I've tracked down the problem and there was a missing link between a couple of the path regions around Astike. I've made the fixes to the game map and we'll include it in the next update. Thanks for your patience.