Skip navigation

Spewer

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Spewer
Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on July 26, 2011 at 12:55 am

Hey...how are you guys long time no see lol. But let's get serious psh, exactly how many projectiles can you fit into a spewer. I have 35 but it seems to only spawn the first 10 (it seems to favor Shadow Summoner why me??? lol) I was just wondering because i went through all that work and for what... a hellish armageddon map on racing. ;)

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 27, 2011 at 1:46 am

Heh, glad you're enjoying the Shadow Summoner :)

Now, it's been a long, long, LONG time since I've poked around the ENTs, but if I'm remembering correctly, spewers can only handle ten different entities to spew. If you want to have more than that, you can set up nested spewers. Say you want to have a spewer pick from 14 entities to spew. You'd set up two spewers that each pick from seven of the entities you want to spew, then you'd make another spewer that would call one of those two spewers.

Again, it's been a long time since I've done any TM modding, but I think that was a solution that would work.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 4, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Yeah, nested spewers is what you will need. Take a look at the Tree Bomb for an example. You can use the spewers to weight the chance of each subspewer.

For instance, lets say you have 20 projectiles with 2 levels of spewers:

Spewer 1a has 4 subspewers and 1 projectile; each with 20% chance

Spewer 2a has 2 projectiles, each with 10% chance
Spewer 2b has 4 projectiles, each with 5% chance
Spewer 2c has 5 projectiles, each with 4% chance
Spewer 2d has 8 projectiles, each with 2.5% chance

You can also have multiple counts for each projectile. For example, two of the projectiles on 2c could be the same projectile, so that that projectile actually has an 8% chance.

I need to dig up my Black Hole Generator for your to see also, but it's on a VM I have shut down right now.