Skip navigation

Unit Experience

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Unit Experience
Level 7 Human Grand Admiral
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 22, 2011 at 1:53 am

I've been wondering about experience for awhile, the game isnt very specific in the description. Heres the question: I know that you get experience points from killing enemies, but what exactly does that mean -
Does the unit get experience from every enemy soldier it kills, or do they only get experience when they make an enemy unit rout?

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 22, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I've been wondering about experience for awhile, the game isnt very specific in the description. Heres the question: I know that you get experience points from killing enemies, but what exactly does that mean -
Does the unit get experience from every enemy soldier it kills, or do they only get experience when they make an enemy unit rout?

They get a fixed amount of experience per unit routed (depending on unit's type), but i don't know exactly how is the amount shared... perhaps based on total damage done by each unit?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 26, 2011 at 2:11 am

Precisely!

Level 7 Human Grand Admiral
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on August 1, 2011 at 1:12 am

Ok, and one more thing - I know the units involved get exp points depending on how much damage they did, but does that apply to mercenaries, which dont gain experience? For instance, if I had a native hoplite and two mercenary peltists rout a unit, would the native hoplite get all the exp as if it had won the battle single-handedly, or would it still only get a number portional to the damage it caused, with the rest just disappearing(since the peltists dont gain exp)?

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 3, 2011 at 11:46 pm

XP is proportional to damage done so units that don't gain experience 'absorb' the appropriate amount.