Skip navigation

Crash - Hegemony Philip of Macedon

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Crash - Hegemony Philip of Macedon
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 9, 2011 at 7:12 am

I keep getting crashes when too many armies attacking me on multiple sides of the map. I would think that the number of attacking units should be limited to where the system doesnt crash. I have a dmp file, where can I submit this or who should I email this to?

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 9, 2011 at 9:35 am

here's my dmp file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8E2DB5A5

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 10, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I have experienced two similar crashes as well. I wasn't sure what was causing it, but both times I did have battles going on across the map (which lines up with the OPs problems).

Not sure where to get my dmp file, but here are my specs:

Win7 SP1 x64
Intel E6600
3GB Ram
nVidia 450GTX (1GB)

Let me know what else you need to help pinpoint this problem. This is really obnoxious as the most recent time it happened was after about 25 minutes of very precise gameplay (I was juggling 3 different campaigns and building up my econ).

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 18, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Most recent batch of crashes have all happened within 5-10 minutes of launching now. 4 times in a row. I now cannot play without it crashing.

This is absurd. I like this game, but this is so tremendously frustrating to play a game that has been out for a relatively long time and still have crashes that make it unplayable.

Very, very disappointed.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 18, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I believe Rob has already fixed this bug, although we haven't released it yet.

However, this bug is fairly rare, and if you're experiencing crashes every 5-10 minutes, then this probably isn't the cause. The cause is likely overheating, and I'm currently posting a reply to your other thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on July 24, 2011 at 8:13 pm

yeah i think we have a different problem. my crash is very rare, NOT 5-10 mins. i think my issue is related to repositioning armies or/and grouping armies. so, for instance I sent groups of armies to attack, sometimes they get stuck somewhere, so i have to re-organize them. when i get the crash again ill get the dmp file