Skip navigation

Rival Ball Music !!1

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Rival Ball Music !!1
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 9:14 am

Hi!

I've downloaded the rival-ball game, and I think the music is SOOO good. Now i want to use the music as an ringtone for my cellphone (especially the sound "raiders.mod" or "whatlife".. But the problem is that the music is in the format .mod (as you well know) and Im sure that no cellphone can read that format. So now I wonder if somebody know how to get the music in .mp3, .wav or .midi?
Any help is greatly welcome!

/Thanks for any help! :roll:

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 9:53 am

Conversion of MID to MOD failed.

DX-Ball 2 and Rival Ball Hint: Pressing the F1 key toggles texture brightness

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 9:57 am

I've been a fan since I first heard the tracks from DX-Ball 2 :)

The artist is Sidewinder, the track names are Dark City and Wonderful--(previously known as Whatlife).

Sheep in at Sidewinder's home: [url]www.2badsheep.com</a> for the tracks mentioned + a bunch of others!!

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 12:31 pm

Heh, nice idea.

Converting mods to wavs is possible, but I don't know any software off the top of my head that converts mods to midis, although it is possible (try Google).

I do, however, know a simple way to convert mods to wavs or mp3s. Just open the mods in Winamp, then go to Options->Preferences->Plug-ins->Output->Nullsoft Disk Writer plug-in and hit the configure button. You can play with those settings to get Winamp to output to a file instead of playing on your speakers.

Good luck >:)

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 1:00 pm

Good ol' Winamp 5.094... :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 1:08 pm

Converting that mod to mp3 will result in no good... cuz the file is made of heavely compressed wav's, or parts of the original recording. 8 bit, 8051Hz samples with linear resampling... :shock:

In that case, if Wonderfull won't work out, I'd rather convert the original mod. It's located in the mod archive at his homepage. The quality is at least twice times better!