Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold 1.5.3 released

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Hegemony Gold 1.5.3 released
Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 15, 2011 at 8:02 am

You might remember back in April when we released a beta of version 1.5.3 with some minor bug fixes. It was so minor, in fact, that even we forgot about it! After over two months, we haven't heard a single bug report, so we're going ahead and releasing this one. You can update by downloading the demo from the Hegemony page or logging into the Download Centre.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on June 16, 2011 at 9:02 am

This game has great potential :( too bad you are just a small company!!!!
Any chances we see LAN coop soon?? :P

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on June 17, 2011 at 3:21 am

That would be great, but unfortunately, we're not considering it right now.

Level 8 Human Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 18, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Yay! Been waiting for this! Cheers, Rick!

Level 8 Human Cyborg
Alignment: Good
Posted on July 26, 2011 at 12:53 am

Couple tooltip errors I've noticed:

When mousing over the "Rough Seas" (Blue Wave icon) on a ship it gives the "Low Morale" tooltip.

The supply lines incoming/outgoing food total is inaccurate at times. For example it shows green 145, however it's only receiving a surplus of 45/wk not 145 when you hover over it and see the individual lines.

Aside from that I've been having a blast, doing the Phillip campaign and about 30 hours in at the moment. Currently trying to figure out a way to defeat Sparta. My "Campaining army" can hold it's own for awhile but they have ~20 Hoplite units that they keep throwing at me and I get whittled down and only manage to defeat 3-5 of them. And it's a long way's from the Pella Area. The local mercenaries can't hold their own at all.

Recruiting some Tribal Archers form the northern areas and going to ship them down there, see if I can funnel those Spartan Hoplites and pin cushion them. Though they are building a lot of catapults as well to use as their ranged support units. Just hope I can defeat enough of their armies to take a few cities. Not many areas since Thessaly to use my Companion Calvary, all narrow roads and valleys. Very few plains. After Sparta last major player I believe is Persia, own almost half the map currently.

Level 7 Human Delivery Man!
Posted on July 30, 2011 at 12:02 pm

@StrikeQ - Just to give you another tactic against the Spartans (they can be a pain) try using amphibious assaults upon their cities. I attacked all their port cities at once and (which is almost all of Spartan's cities) and they couldn't respond very well at all and the one or two cities I couldn't hold fell rapidly to later attacks.