Skip navigation

Having a diffucult time getting team flags in TM

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Having a diffucult time getting team flags in TM
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 6, 2011 at 9:52 am

I have been pestering Pab and VTB trying to get my team flag in.
I put addon folder in TM like Pab said I pasted it ovet the TM folder. copy of e-mail sent to Pab and VTB
Pab, Tim thanks for the help.....I did as you said I copied the file on top of the TM folder it is just like Tim out lined in his e-mail all the files are in order as he sent....but I still do not see the cat color, I see the folder with the flags in it...where do I go from there

C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Tread Marks\Addons\art\textures\teamlogos

Well after I did this, I lost all the reg team flags only a blank box, the names of flags come up but no flags can be seen....help i'm going nuts with this :{

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 7, 2011 at 12:12 am

what version of windows are you running??
vista? win7?
by default, the OS will not let you modify files located in "program folders"
[ this is a feature to keep you safe from malware ] [ that's so nice of them ]
just copy the TM folder to another location... like C:\ or My documents or a 2nd drive
and you should be good to go, then adding addons will not be a problem.
toodles,
harmless

Level 11 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on June 21, 2011 at 7:25 pm

NOTE: In the below, substitute a space for the underscore
to make the paths work!

In Windows 7 and Vista, another place to put Addons is "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Longbow_Digital_Arts\Tread_Marks" (For XP, it's the same path except using "Documents_and_Settings" instead of "Users".)

(for example, if your username is "foobar", then put that in the area shown as "<username>".)

Does work...just place Addons directory in that path.

(example from my Windows box: "C:\Users\rdanner3\AppData\Longbow_Digital_Arts\Tread_Marks".)

Took a little thought on my part, because (since there could be a storm anytime here) I'm on Linux Mint 10, which gives me significantly better on-battery time.