Skip navigation

Automatic tank popping out of the hole thingie....you know

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Automatic tank popping out of the hole thingie....you know
Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on May 28, 2011 at 2:01 am

Alright. I may not be savy (yes I have been rewatching the pirate movies), but I would like to understand what is the code that helps tanks auto eject out of holes. If that is not clear I can post of vid for more clarity.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 1, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Alright. I may not be savy (yes I have been rewatching the pirate movies), but I would like to understand what is the code that helps tanks auto eject out of holes. If that is not clear I can post of vid for more clarity.

that's very clear GA666

now post a video for me, cause reading this bored me 3X one minute :p

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 4, 2011 at 12:29 am

From my understanding, essentially when your tank is "underground" it is shot upwards to get you above the ground. When you "pop" out of the hole, essentially the game decides that you are underground because some component of your tank clips below the ground surface, causing you to be shot upwards. The speed is proportional to how far underground the game determines that you are, so the steeper the hole, the faster you shoot upwards. It's the same effect caused by the dirtball and matter bomb. From what I have observed, the corners of the tank are what determines if you are underground, while the center does not. This is why you can high center your tank on a spire.

Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on June 5, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Thanks, that is clearer, though it may not describe it completely. I may have to post a vid. Thanks Star and RC.