Skip navigation

RB Tournament Playoff sign in

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > RB Tournament Playoff sign in
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 8:51 pm

......................Playoff Sign In....................

1) Jujaga
2) Tuckfard
3) Disko
4) Ice The Mask..
5) Airyck

6) Magnetic
7) Mysticalboy
8} Tey
9) Ceresgirl
10) CHZHD
11) Rommies Ranch
12) ilyke
13) Teulk
14)Cman

if u want to play in playoff please leave your name here!
unofficial rules are up! scroll down

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 9:53 pm

(The Official RBT Playoffs Thread is a sticky and can be found here).

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 7:26 pm

tey

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 8, 2005 at 1:23 am

ok ceresgirl your in

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 9, 2005 at 5:01 pm

Update!
I talked to Rob today everyone. Well it looks like we got the playoff room. It will be up when its time for games to be played! The secondary server that LDA Games is puting up the IP address will be the same but the port number will be different. so what will happen is when everything is in place ill get the port number from Rob and i'll send it to all the playoff players by LDA's Mail. this way know one can interfear with the games.
Couple more players have signed in! if anyone wants to join in on this just mail me though LDAS mailing or leave your name here.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 9, 2005 at 5:48 pm

Would be nice if the RBT news section online was used more... but it would probably not reach as many players as by the newsletter, I guess.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 9, 2005 at 6:09 pm

Teulk

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 9, 2005 at 11:43 pm

Unofficial Playoff Rules

1)in playoff room u can only play your playoff games. no others games can be played there only the playoff games. (others game than that will mess up your playoff standing.)

2) you can pick any name u like but it would have to say part of your original name in the name u pick. example( ice the mask.. mask attack or Disko Disko tek)and so on.

3)players will be playing best of 5 in the first round all the way until semi final. thoughs last 4 players will have a best of 7 games. the final champianship game will be the best of 9 the winner there will receive a post with the trophy! and second place winner will receive a smaller trophy on the same page!

4) players will be in both contests no powerups and 100% powerups and will be matched the same way in both playoff trees.(this way you can get both rounds over with this way no one has a problem meeting up with each other)

5) players ur responsible of mailing one another on when its convent to match up and play your rounds. if u cant get the playoff completed in resonable time then let me or jujaga know and we will decide what to do from there.

6) one week a round should be completed . this should be more than enough time to get the round completed. (if we can start the next round sooner then we will as long as everyones done with there round we can goto the next round)

7)if u get knocked out of both playoffs then your out. you can still be present there but u can not play anymore games there in the playoff room.

8. nopowerups means 0% in your games settings only for the nopowerups playoff grid. for the powerup grid 100% means what it is but every gun fireball bombs ect. must be used. so dont takeout any of the firepower thats present away. it means more or less defalt settings except for the % its normaly 200% but it needs to be 100% so more or less everything stays.(like some people like just using the guns and bombs but in this everything that they offer 4u to use u must use)

9) playoff grid: on the grid there are letters and names you will be one of thoughs letter or # and thats your spot in the playoff. when u see your challenger your going to be facing. u contact them though ldas email to make some kind to date and time u can meet.(try your best to have it completed with in one week.then the same go's for the rest of the time ur in the playoffs).

sorry not really in any order just coming off the top of my head. if there is something more that need to be added to these rules please put up say so before we make if official. im sure somemore need to be here but i think its a start.

hope it sounds ok so far?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 10, 2005 at 12:14 am

casper let me know if your gonna compete in the playoff.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 10, 2005 at 1:42 am

I will do the seeding when we re about to start the playoffs.

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 10, 2005 at 7:53 pm

Aborted.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 10, 2005 at 8:10 pm

What? What does that mean? :?:
Edit: I see...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 10, 2005 at 8:14 pm

Just a one word man, that one is--

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 10, 2005 at 8:15 pm

I see...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 8:02 am

As in, Casper aborted the sign in.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 11:51 am

(The Official RBT Playoffs Thread is a sticky and can be found here).

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 3:06 pm

I've always wondered why it's been called a playoff, and not a tournament...

Jujaga, not to be rude, but do we need a 4th throphy???

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 3:42 pm

Well, yes to equalize the determination of 3rd place. In order to figure out who will be third or fourth, this round will be played before or after the final championship round. The losers of the semi-finals compete against each other one more time to determine the winner. Ice, u should determine how many matches they must do in order to determine the winner. This match also has an image preped up, but won't be posted until needed.
I am also confused... is this the tournament or playoff? Same thing, but could we get a clearer name on this Ice?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 4:06 pm

nice job jujaga!!

i was only thinking of 1st and 2nd place. but we could try this! how about we go by wins and losses to determine 3rd and 4th place. who ever has the better record between the the two players will take 3rd and the other will be placed as 4th. playing more rounds makes no sence to me. hows that sound?
anyway how about we call it the RBT Playoff Tournament. this way it kinda separates itsself because of the name of the game.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 5:36 pm

U mean whoever has a higher ranking has a better chance of being 3rd? Sounds kinda unfair imho... perhaps just have a standard 5 matches, first to 3 wins kinda thing; or we could just have a sudden death one game match betweent the contenders for 3rd and 4th... Ok... should we just call it the RBT Playoffs? RBT Playoffs Tournament sounds kinda long imho... :wink:

Pages 1 2