Skip navigation

Edit of Global constants file.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Edit of Global constants file.
Level 8 Human
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 20, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Who has tinkered with the Global constants and what have you found from your tinkering?. Please share.

Increased max number of sheep flocks by 50, so more flocks around.

Increased hit points of units, infantry gained 50, except uber units, and cav 25 to reduce the relative value of mounted to foot.

Increased income, mines now 3 per slave/worker, trade doubled on trade routes.

5 mins of text edit gave me:

More income means more units able to be produced, more hit points means longer combat, more people alive to rout and escape or be slaved. Combats take longer to produce a result, peltasts dont crucify with missile fire from the front, and its units morale that goes, only ubers fight to the death.

More units, ie higher density of formations, means more influence of each other as each formation effects each other and AI appears to be looking at ratio of player to AI units to launch raids etc, so more chance of raids if you focus unit builds on an active theatre.

Level 8 Human Delivery Man!
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 20, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Interesting. I got into modding with Sins of a Solar Empire and I might try my hand at this one.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 9, 2011 at 2:00 am

You might check out the last third of this thread on the 1st page and the 2nd page of the same thread as well.

http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=2413&start=0

Edit: If the link doesn't work then copy it into your browsers address bar.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 9, 2011 at 8:26 am

Interesting stuff but this is a very finely balanced game. Often I find a gameplay issue only to find hours later that it is just great design and I was wrong. I may try the flocks multiplier... I have played 1 10-year game in Sandbox with Corinth and have only seen three flocks, all in the first year. Ate them all. None since. Do you have to keep a flock in being for breeding as it were I wonder!