Italian translation

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Italian translation
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 13, 2011 at 4:52 am

Congratulation !

this is a beautiful game !

I will buy it .

There is possibility of italian translation?

thanks

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Thanks! We should have more translations on the way, but unfortunately, we haven't heard from any Italian translators.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 13, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Try out playing the English version instead and in the process get a chance to perfect your English too! :o)

That is why smaller countries (like the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden) who never get the games translated, movies dubbed, etc., speak excellent English in general, whereas French, Italians, Spaniards etc. in general don't.

Plus that you get to enjoy the original "correct" game without being subject to a translator making errors and faults.

Level 9 Human Human
Posted on May 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I opened a thread a long time ago, offering to translate the game into Japanese. A number of respondents said they would be willing to translate into their native languages, and I seem to remember at least one person saying he would do Italian. Sadly, the thread just died..........

I'm a translator by profession, and when work is light I'd have time to work on a Japanese translation of the game........... Maybe we could revive that old thread?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:16 am

Well, it's a lot of work, and obviously we can't support fan translations, but if you want to take a crack at it, here's the localization kit.

The only thing that's not mentioned in there is that you need to edit the lang.txt file in your install to select the language of your choice, and if your language uses a non-Latin font, you'll need to add some fonts to the Resources/Fonts directory and edit the fontregistry.xml file.

Enjoy!

Level 9 Human Human
Posted on May 22, 2011 at 9:04 am

Nice one! Cheers! I'll see what I can do!