Skip navigation

Mods

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Mods
Pages 1 2 3
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 1:44 pm

I have finished my first mod pack, if you want it post here and I'll email it to you. here's the promo picture. (forgive me I'm artisticly challenged lol)

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 1:51 pm

Nice image... me likee! :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 1:58 pm

Really? Thanks, I assume you want the modpack, which by the way comes with the picture.

Oh I forgot to say what I have put in the lovely pack.

19 never before seen weapons, Tutorials for each one, completely new tanks, and much more!

It sounds like a commercial right? lol.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 2:39 pm

Oh no! Commercials! NOOOO!!! A ha! Antispam is on... much better... :mrgreen:. Just send me the pack... wait... did you submit it to LDA, cuz if you did, then I already have it. :mrgreen:

Is it found http://www.ldagames.com/treadmarks/mods/ at the bottom of the page?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 5:49 pm

No that's something completely different a friend of mine asked me to do that for him; I'll send the pack to right about now.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 6:00 pm

nice logo Tank Target 8)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 7:29 pm

Dude... send me the pack dangit! And next time you need graphical assistance, just ask. As for the graphic itself, I like it! Though I'd put a tank in the middle being blown up or a pic of RC being pied in the face :D

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 9:40 pm

Hi,

Nice pic.

Has this pack been run through Entegrity? If has and passes, send me a copy and I will post it in my downloads.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 10:56 am

Yes it has passed through ENTegrety and I have tested it for errors and glitches extensively. I wouldn't recomend online usage with more than six players. Well I'm send the pack and I'm always open for feedback.

Edit: Hey Dudymas, I couldn't get a picture of RC being pied but I found a picture of an exploding tank. So I made a second version of my picture,

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 12:56 pm

Nice transparency effects. Me likee... :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 2:53 pm

Thanks, and have you had a chance to use the pack I sent it yesterday.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 3:06 pm

It's nice. Me like. :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 3:51 pm

Good,

Okay I need some help right now I have begun work on my second pack. But there's a problem the second weapon I have developed doesn't work infact when I load a level right when the 3,2,1 countdown reaches 1 the game freezes. and upon scanning the weapon ent. with ENTegrety I came across one error which is most likely the root of the problem and here is what the message says.

Line number 11 (namely, 'texture = textures/Heavyrailguntext.bmp') of file "C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Tread Marks\Addons\Entities\Weapon\HeavyRailgun.Ent" contains ERROR-0410 -- File "C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Tread Marks\Addons\art\textures\Heavyrailguntext.bmp" referenced in file "C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Tread Marks\Addons\Entities\Weapon\HeavyRailgun.Ent" not found. I searched the entire Addons directory ("C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Tread Marks\Addons\"), and its subdirectories (9 in all), and found the following matches for file Heavyrailguntext.bmp: "C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Tread Marks\Addons\Art\Texture\Heavyrailguntext.bmp"

I don't understand what any of this means, I'm very new to the whole concept of modding as those who have used my pack know my mods except a few textures are sort of basic. I just need someone to put that into layman's terms for me.

I Also found a WARNING in the report that may have something to do with the mod

5000 -- File(s) heavyrailbullets.ent, do not include the primary entity name heavyrailgun. The .unmod file has therefore been suppressed. If you would like to have an .unmod file generated for you automatically, please name all of your files for mod heavyrailgun such that each file includes heavyrailgun in its name.

Please help.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 5:37 pm

The error message says the entity can't locate the texture...

YOU say the file is located in:
"C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Tread Marks\Addons\Art\Texture"

the entity says it's located in:
"C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Tread Marks\Addons\art\textures"

so unless you've renamed the texture's directory from textures to texture, there shouldn't be nothing wrong.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 8:44 pm

Ah, thanks a bundle I got everything working now.

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on August 22, 2005 at 1:51 pm

Does this mod pack come with an uninstal for itself cause I've had problems with peoples mods before.

(I downloaded a weapon that spoiled the game as it was too powerfull) :(

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 23, 2005 at 11:18 am

Well if you install it properly all you'll have to do is delete the addons file. My mod comes with an addos directory so it won't install itself to the main files if you don't want the after you've downloaded it you simply have to point and click to delete any mod that has been properly packaged. And BTW do you want the pack? I have to email it to you.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 14, 2005 at 9:47 am

I have finished my new modpack Hand of blades. It doesn't have some of the bells and whistles like the first but it has once again 19 new weapons. But each more well thought out than the previous pack. (except two of them which are quite simple. Really big nukes and mater bombs.)

Within the next couple of hours I'll have screen shots.

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on September 16, 2005 at 4:57 pm

My first wave of mods are now available at Random Chaos's site - gee thx! :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 9, 2005 at 8:40 pm

http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/6948/tank00039uc.png

Sorry it took so long to pictures but heres the first.

I'll be editting this post to add further screen shots.

I may have more pictures up tommorrow

Edit5: Picture six is up!

Pages 1 2 3