Skip navigation

Black screen?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Black screen?
Level 7 Human Software Engineer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 8, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I clicked the goto arrow next to the name of a general that had been defeated, and now my screen is black. Last auto save is like half an hour back... Is there a way to fix it via console?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on May 9, 2011 at 10:31 pm

So you load your latest saved game and it's just a black screen? No GUI or anything?

We've never seen a bug like that before. Send your saved game to Rob at rob@longbowgames.com. Read this if you don't know how to find your saved games.

If I'm misunderstanding your bug report, please respond with more details.

Posted on May 10, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I deleted the save game and decided to continue playing. I have gotten the error again twice after thoguh. Next time it comes up(I'm sure it will knowing my luck) I'll send you the save file. There is a GUI, all the menus ect appear and the game continues to play. I can even watch the orange dots move around on the minimap! I just can't interact with the map at all, even if I click the goto arrows available in the event log.

Also if it helps, I noticed the image that appeared for the save file was a blank white screen instead of the black I saw while playing it.

Great game by the way, even with the few bugs here and there it was definitely worth my money!

Posted on May 10, 2011 at 4:33 pm

That is odd. Be sure to send those saved games our way if it happens again.

Posted on May 10, 2011 at 8:59 pm

It happened again today, just sent you the saved game.

Level 7 Human Ranger Gamer
Posted on February 11, 2012 at 10:46 am

I've experienced the same problem, although it happened to me while clickin on the mini-map. The GUI is all here, it's just that I can't interact with the main map (which is totally black anyway). Sometimes, my pointer seems to hover on a Pillar, with the texte "Shhht, It's a secret". If there happened to be a save during that time, the preview in the Load menu is white.

I don't know what it's supposed to be, but it's a surprising secret indeed =P

Has the problem with Cowmandude been resolved ? Or should I send my savegame too if the problem appears again ?

Posted on February 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I'm not sure what happened with the original bug. Send your saved game to me (rick@longbowgames.com) if it happens again and I'll take a look.

Posted on February 14, 2012 at 3:44 am

Okay, I "hope" the bug happens again then ^^ Thanks

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 29, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Thanks for the reports. After checking out Eawyne's file it appears that for some reason the camera has jumped way outside the game world and unfortunately, as the camera values are completely invalid, it doesn't work just to hit a jump link to take you back to the main map.

Fortunately you can use the command panel to fix this by typing something like 'movecamera -move 600 600 -zoom 0 -angle 0 -instant'

As I'm not sure how the camera got to the invalid pos, if anybody can reproduce this I'd love to see a savegame. As always you can send them to me at rob@longbowgames.com

Sorry for the problem and thanks for your patience.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 9:22 am

Thanks for the support =)

I seem to recall that when it happened in the save I sent you, I doubleclicked on a quick-link to an event (like a watchtower beeing dismanteled). The camera may have been taken way too far in the process. I can't remember what may have happened the first time it happened.