Skip navigation

Which special units can you get in the PoM Gold campaign?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Which special units can you get in the PoM Gold campaign?
Level 8 Human Gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on April 29, 2011 at 6:08 am

Just like the tittle says Which special units can you get in the PoM Gold campaign?

Level 8 Human Cornac
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 29, 2011 at 4:15 pm

These units are:
Companion Cavalry - starting unit
Hypaspists (Hoplites) - after defeating Argaeus
Amphictyons (Hoplites) - sorry, don`t remember...
Agrianians (Peltasts) - after solving The Agrianians quest
Old Siege Equipment (Catapults) - near the city of Elimea (Upper Macedonia)

Level 7 Human Heroine
Posted on April 29, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Amphypcton or whatever after getting Larissa tessaly thing
and sure Argaeus an nor Bardylis whatever

triremes after doing missionchain in shipbuilding containing getting several towns like Olinth of Chalchydice whatever league

Level 8 Human Gamer
Posted on April 29, 2011 at 4:40 pm

So you can´t get the sacred band from Thebes somehow?

Level 7 Human Heroine
Posted on April 29, 2011 at 4:43 pm

So you can´t get the sacred band from Thebes somehow?
you see that in the mission discription, what you can all get
objective goals. READ and do it and get the benefits
not all missions you can read from beginning. Many have to be unlocked

Level 8 Human Gamer
Posted on April 29, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I have taken over all settlements of Thebes power, so i guess that you cant get the sacred band in the Pom campaign.

Level 8 Human Cornac
Posted on April 30, 2011 at 10:54 am

So you can?t get the sacred band from Thebes somehow? As an undead company? ;)

Impossible. :) The Sacred Band was wholly annihilated in the Battle of Chaeronea so it never belonged to Macedonian army... although I didn`t see it at all during my Theban campaign - even in Theban army.

Level 8 Human Gamer
Posted on April 30, 2011 at 11:16 am

hm... Well in my campaign they was wery though, oh do anyone know how to take in game screen shots? and how to locate them on the HD?

Level 7 Human Heroine
Posted on April 30, 2011 at 2:12 pm

hm... Well in my campaign they was wery though, oh do anyone know how to take in game screen shots? and how to locate them on the HD?
you dont ever erad what I say, simple enough
print screen button and my pictures folder as any way

Level 8 Human Cornac
Posted on April 30, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Well in my campaign they was wery though Then they`re just Theban know-how. :) They fought and died just as in real history.

Some factions have their own "special" units - such as Illyrian or Spartan hoplites or Thracian peltasts. These units have skills and stats more or less differing from standard and can be hired as mercenaries in conquered cities.

Level 7 Human Heroine
Posted on April 30, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Some factions have their own "special" units - such as Illyrian or Spartan hoplites or Thracian peltasts. These units have skills and stats more or less differing from standard and can be hired as mercenaries in conquered cities.

lol get them and ruin yur finance. All other than native units makes yu pay them like hell

Level 8 Human Gamer
Posted on April 30, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Thanks for the fast replies guys appreciate it :)

Level 8 Human Cornac
Posted on May 8, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Amphictyons (Hoplites) After capturing Larissa in Thessaly.

Level 7 Human
Posted on May 18, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Can i suggest that for POM Scn,instead of increasing unit size, another formation instead is created of Hypaspists and Companions, as rewards for missions, the second companions being tied to the control of the Macedonian lowlands which provided over half the companions by Alexanders time.

Second to this is to retitle units to Ilea etc to provide a classical narative rather than a modern one for units sizes.

Thirdly, the current replacement from home city seems overly micro manament and ahistorical, instead have home city to where they break and rout to and allow that to be changed, but instead pool repalcemnts and draw from the national pool to keep all units at an even rate of repacement. Exceptions to this would be one of units that draw only from home city and cannot change their unique unit, for instance initial double sized Companion unit, based in Pella, and a half sized one that is aquired later when the cav elemnt is expanded through conquest of the grain regions.

National pool could be a single pool or a number of regions within a nation and could be increased per mision completion to allow differnt rates of replacemt in different theatres of war.