Skip navigation

Next game in Hegemony series?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Next game in Hegemony series?
Pages 1 2
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 4, 2011 at 2:34 am

I'd probably go the Punic wars. A nice fix of factions Rome, Carthage, Gaul, Greek free states as well as the Iberians. Maybe even chuck in Eiperos for poos and wees.

Level 8 Human Gamer
Posted on August 10, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Attila the Hun! Let the Kari Katai burn along with large swaths of the Eastern Roman Empire. :)

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on August 13, 2011 at 12:42 pm

In keeping with the father-son unification and expansion theme of Phillip and Alexander, I would love to see a Pepin the Short and Charlemagne campaign detailing the rise of the Franks... Pepin's father Charles Martel also has quite the story around Tours and the Muslim high-water mark.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 18, 2011 at 5:07 am

In keeping with the father-son unification and expansion theme of Phillip and Alexander, I would love to see a Pepin the Short and Charlemagne campaign detailing the rise of the Franks... Pepin's father Charles Martel also has quite the story around Tours and the Muslim high-water mark.

Also a very under-exposed portion of history. My knowledge of the history of this period is a little rough, but not sure its a perfect fit for the current engine. Still, lots of options for them to improve on the current model and still keep in their focus on 'less popular' parts of history.

I like it.

Level 7 Human gamer - Programmer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on August 18, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I actually believe that the format of the games would do well for almost any time period, from classical to at least as far as wwI

Level 8 Human
Posted on August 26, 2011 at 4:52 am

What I`d like to see would be a game about the rise of the Persian Empire and the Persian Wars 490/480 BC as Addon.

Level 7 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on August 29, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I would like to see romans. Like Caeser in gaul.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 14, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Hey guys what do you think about after releasing Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar, develop a DLC The Rise of Hannibal or may be his succesful roman opponent Scipio Africanus ?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on March 16, 2012 at 7:59 am

Too early to say, but I will say that DLC is very likely, and that I'd love to do a Hannibal campaign.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 16, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Yes something like that I want to hear. And by the way a Hannibal campaign is something I would love to play ;-)

Level 6 Human Dad
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm

How bout the teutonic knights vs. pagan slavs....or pagan lithuaneans I should say. Can that kind of brutality and fancy armor be beaten by other scenerios? I guess objectively it can...but think about the great themes of the semi-isolated to isolated northern baltic regions, wild frontier adventures/expansions, christiananity vs. paganism, battle of Tannenburg und of course the high style auf der teutonic ritters! It's a underrepresented period. Did I mention fancy armor:) I mean real fancy...do some research...

Level 6 Human Weird
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on May 25, 2012 at 11:12 am

Personally once Rome is under the belt so to speak I'd like to see Hegemony: China, rise of the first emperor.
It would be a huge map, plenty of factions and lots of historic content, including the mongol invasion possibly

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 28, 2012 at 1:29 am

China would be very interesting. I've seen very few games actually do just China; the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series comes to mind, but that's it. I was actually just thinking of a China: Total War before I read this topic. I'd love to see Hegemony do that. There's a ton of content that could be covered.

Level 6 Human Weird
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on June 3, 2012 at 4:25 am

China would be very interesting. I've seen very few games actually do just China; the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series comes to mind, but that's it. I was actually just thinking of a China: Total War before I read this topic. I'd love to see Hegemony do that. There's a ton of content that could be covered.

In my mind a TW version would be focused on just the conflict side of things where as Hegempony has proven to actually be semi educational in the fact of accuracy with historic events related to the era(time frame), as well as making the terrain a dominant feature for strategy and tactics rather than fixed battlefields of semi relivence. For me at least especially with Hegemony Gold I've really enjoyed the battles on the real terrain of greece and persia, it gives great respect to the Acheivements of Philip II, who in my opinion was far superior to Alexander, since he had to overcome the regional prejudices of the city states as much as unite the greek people, games like this deserve better public awareness.

Level 6 Human Student
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on June 3, 2012 at 6:02 am

How bout the teutonic knights vs. pagan slavs....or pagan lithuaneans I should say.
Oh dear. You should really read more on the period. It was pagan Balts and Finns the Teutons were fighting, and they gained Livonia not through war but through converting some leaders and using "divide&conquer" against the pagan principalities and tribes. Lithuanians and Teutons only really started going at it when the Lithuanians were de jure Christian, and all the Slavs, which is to say, the Russians, were already Christian when the order showed up.
Can that kind of brutality and fancy armor be beaten by other scenerios? I guess objectively it can...but think about the great themes of the semi-isolated to isolated northern baltic regions, wild frontier adventures/expansions
Wild frontier and adventure? Wrong place, wrong time.
christiananity vs. paganism,
More like Pagans vs pagans with christians mixed in, and later just christians vs christians.
battle of Tannenburg
Oh sure, a 200 year gap is nothing.

Pages 1 2