Skip navigation

Next game in Hegemony series?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Next game in Hegemony series?
Pages 1 2
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 26, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Any one knows any facts or rumours as to the time period and scenarios in the sequel to GOLD?

Any release dates?

Has Longbow published any information about this game yet?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on April 26, 2011 at 7:35 pm

As far as I know, they are only thinking about what improvements would go into a sequel, but nothing definitive.

jorune

Level 8 Human Heroine
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm

whaddah are the 5(??) longbow progger doin anyway?
Are they on vacation?
Dont writin anything since several weeks

Helllooo

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 2, 2011 at 5:21 pm

We're still here; we've just got our noses to the grindstone. (Although I was personally on vacation recently.)

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 3, 2011 at 9:38 am

Hello Rick!

Do you have any thoughts on the next game in the Hegemony series that you can share with us?

Like time period, changes/improvements to Gold, etc.?

Having said this, I am not in any hurry to play another game: still busy completing H:PoM campaign, but will shortly move on to H:GOLD Philip scenario. :o) So take your time in developing the sequel...

But any input to tease us would be appreciated of course! :o)

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on May 3, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Believe me, nobody wants to share what our next game is more than I do, but you'll have to wait a little bit longer.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on May 6, 2011 at 12:56 pm

OK, appreciated! Take your time, because your games are truly great!

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 14, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Believe me, nobody wants to share what our next game is more than I do, but you'll have to wait a little bit longer.

Sounds like you have some definate idea's in mind. Sounds fun. I find myself drawn back to this game even when I think I have exhausted every bit of fun out of it. I am a notorious 'throwaway' gamer but you have created a little bundle of fun that I can't put down for more than a month or so tops.

Much appreciated and you will always have a customer for this genre of game in the future.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 22, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Hegemony where to go next?

1.The Diadochi(Alexander's Generals battle for control)

2.The Tyrannts(Greeks vs Carthaginians in Sicily)

3.The Eagle has Landed(Pyrrhus the Great campaigns it Southern
Italy and Sicily)

What do we think?

Level 8 Human Delivery Man!
Posted on June 22, 2011 at 11:19 pm

ROMANS!

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 23, 2011 at 8:16 am

ROMANS!

(Obviously starting from the beginning - ie the fall of the last King Tarquinius Superbus)

:D

Level 8 Human Whermacht (deceased)
Posted on June 23, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Yes Roma Invicta!

Level 8 Human Human
Posted on June 24, 2011 at 10:41 am

No.... the Romans have been done to death. That's the beauty of Hegemony - it picks up on a character who, though extremely well known to those of us who did Classical Studies at school, is totally unknown in the gaming world..... Let's have more!

I'd go for Egypt, if we are keeping in this period of history.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 24, 2011 at 7:09 pm

If we have to have Romes ,please let it be in the time of the republic and not,I said not the Empire.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on June 27, 2011 at 1:26 am

If we have to have Romes ,please let it be in the time of the republic and not,I said not the Empire.

Most likely if they do do rome they would do the unification of Italy. So very very early republic. Its the only time I can think that really wokrs well with the indepth version that Philip does. Plenty of factions also...

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 1, 2011 at 11:06 am

Were they not showcasing some bits at the recent origins event? :P

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Please not Rome again! Ancient Egypt, Babylonian... lots of good stuff there!

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 5, 2011 at 1:04 am

My first post on this forum and I'll probably get flamed for this but...

If you really want a Hegemony then I have two words - Genghis Khan

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 5, 2011 at 11:54 am

My first post on this forum and I'll probably get flamed for this but...

If you really want a Hegemony then I have two words - Genghis Khan

I think it's a very interesting idea. Thematically it's a very fitting choice and it's a facet of history that is underrepresented in gaming but I don't know if the Hegemony engine is the right fit for it. The distances involved are much, much greater and the military tactics are entirely different.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Well,

Long time no see here, but glad you guys are still alive and kicking and naturally hard at work for on your next game! :)

As to idea that "Rome has been done to death" Well, perhaps you may be right, but tell me something.. Out of all those games about Rome (the Building Games, Rome Total War, Nemesis of the Roman Empire, Legion, etc...) How many of those are actually good? I can honestly think about just 2 or 3 and that's it, so a Rome game using the Hegemony Engine would be utter fantastic..

It's very similar to PoM, where as they tried to conquer the known world, and secondly, it could be even more exciting since at certain points "Civil War" could break out, like the way it happened historically in Rome.. My only concern though is how detailed can the map really be?

Granted, the Devs know more about the engine capabilities then we ever could, but PoM was easier to do cause historically the focus was on unifying Greece and Persia, so basically it was him just going further East, then West (If you take into account Italy's Geography compared to Greece).. I mean think about it, for a Rome game to truly work, you would have to make sure not only it encompasses all of what was in Hegemony, but you would need to add Italy, France-Germany, Britain, and perhaps go further East as well if you are planning to that far into Rome's history.

Can the engine do this? Who knows, but I for one would be excited if that would be the case, I can only imagine marching my Legions from Italy to Greece, or France and it would truly be an awe-inspiring site. Plus, you can could even go further and throw in a "political" system with Rome too, cause that was huge back then as well, so who knows, maybe we'll see some kind "Cursus Honorum" in it as well. So ya, I know you guys are probably thinking "Ugh, not another Rome game".. But seriously if done right it can be just great as Phillip of Macedon or Hegemony Gold, and it will certainly have my 20-30 bucks (or whatever the price may be), plus Rome is a lot more popular then other time periods, so who knows it could draw out new blood for this development team, since we all love these "indy developers", but in the end they still have to make money to keep afloat right? :)

Well, whatever the case, I'm sure the next game you got in the works will be just as good as Hegemony Gold or Phillip of Macedon, so good luck and hopefully we'll hear something soon!!.. :)

Pages 1 2