Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold 1.5.3 beta 3

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Hegemony Gold 1.5.3 beta 3
Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 13, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Looks like Rob found time in his busy schedule to track down some minor bugs in Hegemony. In fact, these are so minor that nobody has ever complained about them, but Rob's a bit of a perfectionist like that. We still like to play safe with these updates, though, so please download the update and let us know if you find any bugs. Keep reading for more details.

Changes in 1.5.3 beta 3
- ships no longer drop their cargo when sunk in rough water
- cargo dropped at sea now fades away the same as land cargo
- removed footstep sounds when ships are moving
- merchants ships are now cached when in rough water so that they take damage properly
- added idle sounds for merchant ships
- switched ship fire sound from campfire to building fire
- added a couple checks to minimize alert sounds during the cutscenes

This is in addition to the changes in 1.5.3 beta 2.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 14, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Thanks for keeping updating this marvellous game !!

And for Rob the perfectionist master bughunter ;)

- In the ingame "game manual", when selecting an objectif which does not belong to the campaign currently played, a ctd occures (for example selecting the objective "The entourage of King Lagarus" in the Agrianians description when playing the sandbox campaign).

- building a road link between a city and a mine wich currently have some slaves with food inside is messing with the supply display (road is "transferring" food from mine to city). Actual supply seems to be correct though.

Ere

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on April 14, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I just wish I had the time to do everything I want to. However, I will get those issues sorted out for the next update (probably 1.5.4) so stay tuned and let me know (forums or by e-mail) if there's anything else.

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on May 19, 2011 at 5:11 pm

When playing as persia and other factions, the macedonian starburst is still on the flag/banner curser that comes up when you highlight a city.

Level 8 Human Human
Posted on June 10, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Hello everyone!

Are we going to stay on beta? ;)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 12, 2011 at 5:49 am

Nice game. I like the ancient atmosphere. What about the possibility to trade also with neutral faction? Maybe you can add this option in the Diplomatic Window, if the other faction agrees some of their cities could became visible and we can set a traderoute.
One more idea about future campaigns or expansions could be the colonization of Sicily and South Italy with the foundation of Siracusa, Agrigento, Selinunte, Taranto... You could leave your city in Greece with a flet of few trireme, cross the sea and find a nice site were set your colony. Sites should be able to guest big or small colony and you could find a way to increase people from the mother city or slaving or simply attracting local people with the fashion of greak culture. Of course in the bigining we have to find farms, make pacefull agreement with local people. Delphi oracle can tell information about possible sites in a starting menu as risks (for example hostility of local people) or potentialities (a lot of farms or mines)...
I don't think it will be AEO3, in that ancient time the land was not empty and neither the sea with a lot of pirates and our Ecista must be carefull or all will die!!!

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 15, 2011 at 8:02 am

Hello everyone!

Are we going to stay on beta? ;)

Thanks for reminding me!