Skip navigation

Looking for optimized guide to Supply/Warfare

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Looking for optimized guide to Supply/Warfare
Level 8 Human Heroine
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 13, 2011 at 8:49 am

HI im not enlightened enough for optimum supply and most efficient warfare

Can you expert explain it in a whole proficient guide,please?
The cities dont show how many supply lines they can have upto
and often you dont have enough lines left to connect all mines to the nearest city

Is it good to have direct line from Paella to Amphipolis,Dardania, Krenides,Olinthus or better through other minor cities before
Are phalangites enough or better combined with peltasts? Siege weapons I saw speeds up city conquests but food comes slowly often to some cities I had to completely revamp some supply lines
I cut off nearby forts supply lines or is it better to have the forts connected to?

Level 8 Human Cornac
Posted on April 13, 2011 at 9:30 am

Are phalangites enough or better combined with peltasts? I didn`t use standard (10-men) Peltast units. Before campaigning in Thrace I used only the elite Agrianian unit. Thracian 30-men Peltast companies are good in pitched battles as auxiliaries but almost useless in siege warfare. So Phalangites are your main units.

The cities dont show how many supply lines they can have upto They do. Just place your cursor over needed city - and you`ll see a sequence of numbers under its name and nationality. You need the rightmost one.

often you dont have enough lines left to connect all mines to the nearest city Choose some another city. You can draw long and complicated supply lines using Shift+Right Click combination. Distance really doesn`t matter.

Level 8 Human Heroine
Posted on April 13, 2011 at 10:48 am

what does shiftrightclicking doo

Level 8 Human Cornac
Posted on April 13, 2011 at 1:53 pm

It makes long routes for troops and long supply lines for cities, so it`s possible to connect two cities from different sides of the map.

Level 8 Human Heroine
Posted on April 14, 2011 at 5:07 pm

It makes long routes for troops and long supply lines for cities, so it`s possible to connect two cities from different sides of the map.
shiftrightcklicking does the same thing as leftclick to make a road but no difference how you do if it is a sea line it doesnt force land line and vice versa