Skip navigation

Sea Battles

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Sea Battles
Level 8 Human Cornac
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 12, 2011 at 4:06 am

As I understand, in Hegemony Gold two major innovations were added:

1) Ram charge (something like cavalry change; gives a chance to sink an enemy vessel immediately);

2) Boarding (in close-in fighting ships having troops onboard have an advantage over empty ships).

Does the troop class (e.g. hoplites or spearmen) have any importance in boarding?

P.S. Well, I remember that the player can`t capture enemy ships due to game balance issue, but maybe it should be appropriate to... say, just quickly burn the triremes caught while at anchor (like "Setting Fire" or "Capturing Slaves")? Destroying anchored ships with cold steel looks rather slow and boring. :)

Level 8 Human Heroine
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 14, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Ill see how that goes sea faring now
yaay Im able to build triremes now

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 20, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Can this be confirmed that if there are troops on board, the ship gains attacking/boarding bonuses. If so what are the bonuses, because i know u sacrifice a lot of speed with a unit on board.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 2, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Can some1 pleas answer my question???????

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 4, 2011 at 1:59 am

I don't know what the bonuses are but I do know that a ship with troops in it beats an empty ship in combat, everything else being equal.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 4, 2011 at 2:23 am

thanks Kall :)

Could i please get a Dev explaining the bonus a ship recieves for having troops aboard and what type of troops are most effective?

And maybe theres room for further extra content such as specialized naval units (greek marines) which gives your ships an added offensive/deffensive bonus whent they are on a ship. And they would also be good at assaulting small island cities??? as a premium unit i believe 80-100G would be a fair ingame price.

Hope you like the idea guys :)

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on August 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm

The most important part is how big your brigade is: a brigade with 60 men will almost always do more damage than a brigade with 30 men. There's also a smaller factor for the melee damage, ranged damage, and defense, so 60 phalangites are definitely going to be better than 60 spearmen.

Of course, ramming and attacking with multiple ships is a huge part of winning at sea combat, so don't overlook that.