Skip navigation

Olinth of Chalchydice in MacedonCampaign

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Olinth of Chalchydice in MacedonCampaign
Level 8 Human Heroine
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 10, 2011 at 8:28 am

Hi!
Im playing Macedon Campaign in Hegemony Gold 1.5 about 15hours in all and raized walls of Olinth down, the main city of the chalchydians. Im playing german version so dont know exact spelling in english as german livingspeaker. I achieved the mission goal after raizing down walls and started to rebuild it. After walls were down game stated olinth to be a macedon city but says now again its a city of chalchydice after starting to rebuild the citywalls.
Do occupied cities of other factions eventually become own native cities sometime?
I also conquered the four cities of paolians in the north but the faction hasnt ceased down yet.
What about Olooson allied city? Do it become native anytime? Philip got a bride from there strengthning Macedon!
I love this game. Only had one crush sofar

Good work on Hegemony spectacular greekstrategicrealtimewargame!

Level 9 Human Cornac
Posted on April 10, 2011 at 8:43 am

Do occupied cities of other factions eventually become own native cities sometime? Yes, if these cities don`t have enough soldiers in garrison / enough food. Wall dismantling just lowers the chance of rebelling. Only allied / friendly cities never rebel. Olynthus doesn`t have such a status (unlike Amphipolis, for example), so to keep this city quiet you should garrison and feed it appropriately. ;)

Level 8 Human Heroine
Posted on April 10, 2011 at 8:54 am

Lychidos for example was able to be colonized after moving in Philip as stated in mission goals and became native to Macedon. To Amphipolis still have to go but achieved victory in Lake Kolbe. The Chalchydians are a hard big league and Athenians growing bigger enemy
the far I go into their territory. Athenian sea invasions dont do anything its perhaps im on the Easy setting. Many slaves gettin making good income in the mines
Yaaayy I lov Hegemony 15 hours into Macedon Campaign easy setting

Level 9 Human Cornac
Posted on April 10, 2011 at 9:33 am

There`s a big difference between simple conquest and allied/friendly status which is granted only after solving a certain Hegemony quest.

Level 8 Human Heroine
Posted on April 10, 2011 at 9:50 am

There`s a big difference between simple conquest and allied/friendly status which is granted only after solving a certain Hegemony quest.
yeah, but as to Olinth capital of Chalchydice after raizing down its walls game stated it to be a Macedon city achieved Mission goal getting Callicrates and opened missionchain for building triremes. And I had to start rebuilding walls becuz for defence against other chalchidice cities remaining still making big fuss and Athenian city Pontidea directly in south coming up heavy athenian hoplites. And game stating switched to Olinth to be city of Chachidice faction again belonging to Macedon not a Macedon city. Mygdolia and the coastal city nearby became Macedon native. But Im producing enough speer brigades to garrison conquered cities properly so able to quell any rebellion in conquered cities. Have to improve supply lines which im able to do with good mine income to counterfeit any food shortages. Waiting for more recruits to to get up reinforcements for the campaign phalagites armies with leaders who are doing main conquests together with Philips cavalry and Antipater commands the Hypacists and some small cavalry units who are chasing for slaves and building watchposts and getting farms. Peltasts I havnt anyone build yet due to not enough recruitments.

Level 9 Human Cornac
Posted on April 10, 2011 at 10:56 am

This system represents real historical situation. Some cities are ancient Macedonian cities previously taken by neighbouring factions (Illyrians, Chalcidians or Athenians). So when Philip captures these cities he acts as liberator now, not as conqueror, and restores their former status. Some cities represent new Macedonian colonies founded by Philip himself. Details can be found in the quest log / in-game help.

Level 8 Human Heroine
Posted on April 10, 2011 at 5:24 pm

well, Ive enough of this
If yu could tell something out of bullshit spam yu would be some kind of useful to read something from
a supa historian yu could not be other than telling how yu trolling

hav a good life badder

and yu even know of chaotic good alignment at all?
And I know many histories iv studied upon historical development and going to be specializing in history and some languages
lol

Level 22 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 11, 2011 at 5:06 am

The city faction doesn't change over time. They are set from the beginning or change suddenly, triggered by completing one of the quests where Philip enters a city to liberate or colonize it. These quests are historically based.

We experimented with having city populations made up of various factions that changed over time, but it go over complicated and was scrapped during development.

The confusion for the Chalcidian city of Olynthus that appears in the German language version, is likely a problem with the translation.

In general, I think that the German translation is excellent, but with 100,000 words to translate, I'm not surprised that there might be a few areas where the translators had trouble understanding the intent of the English text.

Jim

Level 8 Human Heroine
Posted on April 11, 2011 at 4:41 pm

well, actually its good to be historically based and actually yes Im getting enough native Macedon cities, Philip liberates them yeahh
I was just curious if one is able to manage to make another faction to cease if then this former faction convert completely to Macedon, but obviously not, but its okay since enough are willing to be Macedon cities

Olinthus as big city had though good to be Macedon but cant be helped then